You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

LEEDS UNITED

ozted

Goes to show we could have been in an almighty pickle if Broughton and Purslow and the gang hadn't manoeuvred out cancer and aids the way they did.

I don't think we'll ever know how close we sailed to the wind there. If Broughton was a corporate yes-man (as 99℅ of suits are) then I think we'd now be in the gutter. At best.

Speaking as someone who is old enough to remember the height of the rivalry between the 2 clubs, which was pretty much as big as it is with Man U now and, temporarily at least, bigger than it was with Everton after they went downhill post 1970 title winning team, I have to say I quite like Leeds and hope they get back in the Prem some time soon.

I hated them at the time like but, there have been some strange, irritating little teams in the Prem in recent years and I'd rather see the likes of Leeds in it than them.

The dirty Leeds thing was deffo true, but less true against Liverpool than everyone else (there was often absolute bedlam when they played Everton.) The respect between Revie and Shankly was so huge that the same respect filtered down to the players and although they weren't exactly gentlemen when they played us, it never got too bad. Well not until that Charity Shield game anyway by which time Revie was gone and Shankly was on his way.

Fucked if I'm gonna waste any hatred on a team who aren't in our division at the moment while such a vile club as Chelsea exist, not to mention the other usual suspects.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Remember when we played these cunts in the Carling Cup and N'Gog scored the winner?  About 5 lads from Leeds properly filled me in after the game.  Snapped jaw and everything.  The only two good things to come out of it were time off college and I lost a shit load of weight because I couldn't eat.

That's what I get for being a soft wool.

The dirty Leeds thing was deffo true, but less true against Liverpool than everyone else (there was often absolute bedlam when they played Everton.) The respect between Revie and Shankly was so huge that the same respect filtered down to the players and although they weren't exactly gentlemen when they played us, it never got too bad. Well not until that Charity Shield game anyway by which time Revie was gone and Shankly was on his way.

A friend of mine got the chance to do a Q&A with Jack Charlton and he asked him whether winning the World Cup was the biggest thrill of his career. Jack said no, it was winning the League at Anfield because of the reception they famously received from the Kop. 

• 4 years later...
1 hour ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Right, Bielsa is hilarious etc. Now can someone please deduct 20 points from the fuckers. We're in real danger of this horrible fucking club being in the PL again next season. 

Good point well made Redder , they are an horrible fucking club and for that alone deserve a a 20 point reduction. 

1 hour ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Right, Bielsa is hilarious etc. Now can someone please deduct 20 points from the fuckers. We're in real danger of this horrible fucking club being in the PL again next season. 

Think them not going up due to points deduction would be worse.

They still bleat on about 75 European cup final injustice, without adding this to it 

Have west brom to win the championship on an acca outright. It's coming along nicely enough so leeds being deducted points would be sound.

Have city to win the cl, spurs to win the league cup and us to win the league. Pompey league 1, mbappe to win top scorer in france. Holland for that nations league thingie and leinster for the rugby. 

4 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

2 hours ago, cloggypop said:

But if they go up you can show all the matches in your bar. Just think of all the extra fans you can get in. 

Good point, think of the dollar signs, Lurtz. Coin it in off the backward cunts.

I'm busy already when Leeds are on TV. It'll be busier still if and when they hit the premier League I guess. Most of the fans are decent but that's rather a reflection of my clientele than the archetypal Leeds fan. The gobshite arrogance will go up a few notches once they're promoted though.

it seems im in the minority so.

I dont mind Leeds.

I have a bit of a soft spot for them, my uncle, who actually bought me my first ever Liverpool jersey back in the 80's is a devoted Leeds fan and for him alone id love to see them come back up.

Besides, Leeds are a genuinely big club. Id gladly swap them for Huddersfield or Cardiff, 

• Like 1