You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anyone else think we can still win it?

razor

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Pistonbroke

How many threads do we actually need on this shit ??? We haven't a hope in hell of winning the league. Our fight is for third or fourth... end of. A bit of realism is called for.

The same fans will gob off year in and year out then disappear until next season and trump out the same old shite.

Logic says early-80s points tally will win it judging by the results so far this season.

Liverpool are crippled by doubt - Kuyt looks terrified every time the ball comes near him. Lucas is a man mountain in by book to have come through the groans and criticisms he took last year and the early part of this year.

I don't want to sound like an American business guru, but there is a truth in positive thinking bringing about positive results: confidence and all that.

Maybe, with a few tweaks to the team, a positive atmosphere in the stands, and the luck of the bounce, we can string a few results together, and push for that early-80s points tally.

Do you remember that wave of optimism in the ground during the run-in last year? We KNEW we would win. Confidence from the stands, confidence on the pitch.

The irony of us not dropping points because we didn't play isn't lost on me (!!!), but what it did show is that the other teams around us are no great shakes either.

Chelsea are poor and Arsenal are soft? Oh dear.

Chelsea have been poor quite a lot this season. Arsenal are soft. I don't think they're unreasonable observations.

Apparently 1 person does.

No, judging by the replies here, there's quite a few!

How many threads do we actually need on this shit ??? We haven't a hope in hell of winning the league. Our fight is for third or fourth... end of. A bit of realism is called for.

The same fans will gob off year in and year out then disappear until next season and trump out the same old shite.

At the moment, the difference between first and third in the league is 3 points.

Trust me, I ain't gobbing off.

I asked if anyone thought we could win it (my mate did, and I have to admit it, his optimism rubbed off), and it's amazing that a little optimism in this thread has cheered me up too.

Ahhhhhh the smell of optimism from this thread!! Same old wankers repeating the same old shite about how bad we are. Of fucking COURSE we can still win it! Until it's mathematically impossible I won't give up hope.

Has no one noticed how bad the mancs and chavs are playing? If shithouse teams like Wolves actually had a go against them, the mancs would struggle even more. Fear had a lot to do with them winning the league last season. teams were beat before they kicked a ball against them, and referees are terrified to give a decision against the cunts.

I'm generally optimistic too, but I reckon the very best we can hope for is third, if Arsenal fall apart as they generally have done over recent seasons.

I think last year was a massive, massive chance for us to win a title, but we messed it up by drawing too many games with mediocre teams.

With the Yanks at the helm, we won't win any titles.

However, I hope we fight like dogs to win the FA Cup. It's the least the players and manager owe us after the first half of the season and we should be well capable of doing so. All the better if we face Arsenal and Chelsea along the way.

what he said

we`re cack

Don't like this contribution and it has caused me to ask you sir some questions, namely

Are all our players (ie Stevie, Torres, Masch, Reina, Glen...etc) cack? - clearly not

Did we play cack from the Boro away game last season? - no we were awesome with virtually the same players as we have here now.

Is the gap between us and the top so big as to be insurmountable? - no in the past teams have come back from this far behind.

So bearing the above 3 questions in mind we do have a chance, we have to say that.

BUT!!! - are we playing cack atm? - yes!! - so all we can hope is that soon we stop playing cack and then anything could happen - but tbh Mr Chris 'cack' Bonnie I won't hold my breath.

Guest Pistonbroke
At the moment, the difference between first and third in the league is 3 points.

Trust me, I ain't gobbing off.

I asked if anyone thought we could win it (my mate did, and I have to admit it, his optimism rubbed off), and it's amazing that a little optimism in this thread has cheered me up too.

I take it if your mate tried to sell you the Statue of Liberty you'd believe him then. Good luck in the lotto syndicate.

Ahhhhhh the smell of optimism from this thread!! Same old wankers repeating the same old shite about how bad we are. Of fucking COURSE we can still win it! Until it's mathematically impossible I won't give up hope.

Has no one noticed how bad the mancs and chavs are playing? If shithouse teams like Wolves actually had a go against them, the mancs would struggle even more. Fear had a lot to do with them winning the league last season. teams were beat before they kicked a ball against them, and referees are terrified to give a decision against the cunts.

What kind of massive shithouse gives up hope just because it's mathematically impossible?

BELIEVE.

Don't like this contribution and it has caused me to ask you sir some questions, namely

Are all our players (ie Stevie, Torres, Masch, Reina, Glen...etc) cack? - clearly not

Did we play cack from the Boro away game last season? - no we were awesome with virtually the same players as we have here now.

Is the gap between us and the top so big as to be insurmountable? - no in the past teams have come back from this far behind.

So bearing the above 3 questions in mind we do have a chance, we have to say that.

BUT!!! - are we playing cack atm? - yes!! - so all we can hope is that soon we stop playing cack and then anything could happen - but tbh Mr Chris 'cack' Bonnie I won't hold my breath.

you obviously rate Masch and Johnson alot higher than i do

and if Gerrard is continued to be played in the centre of midfield, then ill say he`s cack as well, gerrard hasnt been a centre midfielder for years now, and thats not being a negative disillusioned ejit, its actually fact, he`s a fantastic player, but not a good centre midfielder as he lacks discipline and general cop on to play as an effective centre midfielder imo

we also have a manager, that in my opinion has brought us as far as he can

again, just my opinion, so no need to retort with, "you`re a wanker Chris bonnie", i just have a difference of opinion is all :whatever: