You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thomas O Hicks Junior

StevieH

That's a bad idea. If that happens it gives them an excuse for reacting like that. As it stands, we have a fan who was polite and raised some legitimate points. He was abused.

If loads of others start firing off emails it plays into their hands.

Yeah exactly right.We have our ammunition, don't give them any.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
That's pretty ridiculous. I reckon we all should email him. Nonstop. Until he cracks.

Would achieve the grand some of fuck all Lance

It's in the public domain now, don't give them an out

That's a bad idea. If that happens it gives them an excuse for reacting like that. As it stands, we have a fan who was polite and raised some legitimate points. He was abused.

If loads of others start firing off emails it plays into their hands.

Exactly. Lets just chase this up with Steve and go from there. As I said anybody who knows him then get him to get in touch with me please.

Also, if we can prove this and get something out of it, it shows that you don't just need to wait until SOS plan a protest you can do your own little things like Steve has done and then we will get moments like this. But agree with what Dave said. Need to concentrate on sorting this out.

This could be a really big turning point, let's hope everyone gets on side and supports any action that comes of it.

Nice one SteveH.

Also, I agree with Dave U (100% of course) that there's no need to bombard Hicks Jr wth e-mails. He's already fucked up we don't need anything else.

If it can be proved that it came from Hicks jnrs e-mail address then they can try and claim someone else sent it from his blackberry all they want as it wont matter. As long as it came from his address then we could have a Freddie Shepard moment. If Hicks tries to claim they didn't send it then they'll look even more stupid.

This really could be a huge moment.

One thing though, Ayre will be all over this already so the work has to start now. CB needs to be on this for tomorrow.

If it can be proved that it came from Hicks jnrs e-mail address then they can try and claim someone else sent it from his blackberry all they want as it wont matter. As long as it came from his address then we could have a Freddie Shepard moment. If Hicks tries to claim they didn't send it then they'll look even more stupid.

This really could be a huge moment.

One thing though, Ayre will be all over this already so the work has to start now. CB needs to be on this for tomorrow.

I think you are all mean boys, we should cut Thomas some slack.

BTW I don't be surprised if they bat it back with a denial along the lines of...

"Whilst replying to an email from a supporter whilst out with friends, I was distracted and irresponsibly left my blackberry on the table.

During this brief period of distraction, one of the persons in my company then thought it "humourous" to send the frankly disgusting and inexcusable reply.

I thouroughly regret that such a thing has happened, and I would like to apologise to everyone concerned for tarnishing the great name of Liverpool Football Club, and especially the fan concerned.

I will be taking steps to ensure sure a thing can never happen again."

It's a good stitch up but unlikely to amount to anything than more negative publicity for them, which is old news now. It's certainly not going to suddenly force them to sell up as they're here to stay and will just add to the instabilty surrounding the teams chase to get in the top 4, which is now more important then ever. If it the aim is to just continually damage their reputation then I'm sure it will have the desired effect for a few days at least.

If the fans truly wanted new owners we'd get them.

Guest TK-421
BTW I don't be surprised if they bat it back with a denial along the lines of...

"Whilst replying to an email from a supporter whilst out with friends, I was distracted and irresponsibly left my blackberry on the table.

During this brief period of distraction, one of the persons in my company then thought it "humourous" to send the frankly disgusting and inexcusable reply.

I thouroughly regret that such a thing has happened, and I would like to apologise to everyone concerned for tarnishing the great name of Liverpool Football Club, and especially the fan concerned.

Do you think people will buy that? There are two separate emails, the second one much worse than the first.

It's a good stitch up but unlikely to amount to anything than more negative publicity for them, which is old news now. It's certainly not going to suddenly force them to sell up as they're here to stay and will just add to the instabilty surrounding the teams chase to get in the top 4, which is now more important then ever. If it the aim is to just continually damage their reputation then I'm sure it will have the desired effect for a few days at least.

If the fans truly wanted new owners we'd get them.

Can we officially get rid of this twat now (yet again). He's up to his usual shite with that last stupd line.

It doesn't matter what excuse they come up with, the point of steve's email will reach a wider audience and make the average supporter start questioning the americans.

However, I honestly don't think they care about bad publicity, all they are here for is to take the club for whatever they can get...fans liking them has no effect on that.

I hope they do that. I think it would drag them down even further. It is the reply everyone would expect and would look even more pathetic. And one newspaper will offer the money to someone to say its bolox also.

If this can be proved then the papers in the states will be all over it also.

Do you think people will buy that? There are two separate emails, the second one much worse than the first.

Exactly, that's why it's plausible however unlikely, especially given the contrast in tone between on and the other.

They could even point to the fact that Ayre and Nash have been included as an indicator of the intent to give a serious, considered reply.

Not saying that is the case, nor am I defending what has happened, but if they were looking at damage limitation, that's how it could be spun.

Guest TK-421

I like to think the damage has been done. The second email is indefensible and is clearly linked to the first one, and from the same person.

I hope that we can capitalise on this and raise awareness amongst the fans.