You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

kopout........name say sit all.

obvious Acid was put up - cos if any Liverpool fan has to ask that question then god fucking help us.

Drogba - helped on by the myht he's impossible to play against. He can - that's when he resorts to cheating.

As for anyone on here praising him after his 'performance' against us in the CL quarter final needs to get a grip - rolling on and off the pitch, stopping play by going down and fooling the ref, they got 2 goals from free kicks that weren't because of his cheating.

But some on here blindly follow the press - and if those nomarks say he's one of the best - well........

Anyone? Anyone at all?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

obvious Acid was put up - cos if any Liverpool fan has to ask that question then god fucking help us.

Drogba - helped on by the myht he's impossible to play against. He can - that's when he resorts to cheating.

As for anyone on here praising him after his 'performance' against us in the CL quarter final needs to get a grip - rolling on and off the pitch, stopping play by going down and fooling the ref, they got 2 goals from free kicks that weren't because of his cheating.

But some on here blindly follow the press - and if those nomarks say he's one of the best - well........

6xrk1h.jpg

"I'm sorry, I don't speak monkey."

I think he's superb. He scores all different types of goals - headers, tap ins, volleys, side foot, with the laces, left foot, right foot, mazey runs, in the box, out of the box.

But what makes him so special is the fact he can create chances for himself. Owen did this when he was in his prime, however that didn't last, due to injuries. Torres doesn't have a clear weakness, which makes him so hard to stop for opposition defenders.

If we had wide players who could beat opposition full backs and created more clear chances, he'd be even more frightening given all our threat is central through himself and Gerrard, this is easier to defend as opposition defense can play more narrow, now Benayoun will always look to cut inside and Kuyt will do the same as he doesn't have the pace or skill to go outside.

Obviously there are loads of positives, there's no point me repeating what everybody else has said.

However, there are still some aspects of his game he could improve IMO. His touch is sometimes poor when running with the ball, he tends to try to beat one man too many when shooting would be a better option, and he needs to chill the fuck out sometimes.

That said, who would you rather have up front from every striker in the world? No one...

What surprises me when Ive seen him play is how strong he is , you dont really see that on the TV

He has certain things about him that are very redolent of Ian Rush (and I know some people have mentioned Sir Roger, but I don't know too much about him)

Specifically, they are both wiry and deceptively strong. Obviously Torres has far superior skills on the ball, but watching him mug off Vidic at OT last year was almost exactly like watching Rushie; the "disguised" pace - Vidic never knew what hit him - and the body strength was eerily similar.

I have a book that was Bob Paisley's opinion about a Liverpool squad of the mid-80s, and his bit on Rush could have been written about Torres.

Paraphrasing a bit:

"He sometimes looks as if he's not moving at all, barely jogging and often not even looking directly at the player with the ball, then he breaks into a trot, then a run, and then there's a red blur and by the time the defender is wondering where the ball went, it's in the back of the net"

I think it's important to ask the big questions.

Premiership and Cup winning teams are NOT built around one player. Torres was one of Liverpool's biggest signings in the history of the club, and I rate him as a top world class striker - but I hate to see this world class striker surrounded by mediocrity, and after 3 seasons, where is the silverware???? I don't want to look back on his time at Liverpool, only to find that he was a real gem in a team of cut glass, that completely underperformed, and have him go on to some other club for his winners medals.

Frankly it's frustrating.

I think it's important to ask the big questions.

Premiership and Cup winning teams are NOT built around one player. Torres was one of Liverpool's biggest signings in the history of the club, and I rate him as a top world class striker - but I hate to see this world class striker surrounded by mediocrity, and after 3 seasons, where is the silverware???? I don't want to look back on his time at Liverpool, only to find that he was a real gem in a team of cut glass, that completely underperformed, and have him go on to some other club for his winners medals.

Frankly it's frustrating.

This from the boy that doesn't even know the competition is called the Premier League, and hasn't been the Premiership for some years. What next? Will it be the EPL?

Hate to say it, but on form Drogba is better. And I think we all know it, he's just a cheating bastard that we can't stand.

That said, I love him to bits. Great player, great man.

Comedy gold.

I love Torres, but I think D.Villa is the better striker, still I`m not sure I would swap him with Torres, get him to play alongside him on he other hand.

Drogba - helped on by the myth he's impossible to play against. He can - that's when he resorts to cheating.

If Daniel Agger was to read this line oh how he'd laugh. (After that first semi away at Stepford Bridge).

In all honesty in some games he'll do fuck all and then score.

Was thinking the same, but when you look at the way we're playing he's probably doing fuck all for big parts of games because he's just not getting the service. I loathe seeing him end up on the wings aswell like he sometimes does now. He shouldn't need to be doing that, and hopefully if we get Maxi that'll be sorted for a big part.

Hate to say it, but on form Drogba is better. And I think we all know it, he's just a cheating bastard that we can't stand.

That said, I love him to bits. Great player, great man.

Sorry, that's bullshit.

They're both great (but different) strikers, but I'd still take Torres.

A bit sulky at the moment because he has to play on his own feeding off scraps.

O#*n was like that: you can't enjoy playing football getting three touches in 90 minutes, even if one of them is a goal. He needs a foil.

Why do people think he'll leave? No way will he walk away from Liverpool, no matter where we finish! Media hype rubbish. They'd like it, but it won't happen!

A bit sulky at the moment because he has to play on his own feeding off scraps.

O#*n was like that: you can't enjoy playing football getting three touches in 90 minutes, even if one of them is a goal. He needs a foil.

Why do people think he'll leave? No way will he walk away from Liverpool, no matter where we finish! Media hype rubbish. They'd like it, but it won't happen!

Why?

I do actually love him, and I think he loves the club too, but that doesn't mean he won't go. Athletico were his childhood team and he has always supported them, but he still left, because he wanted to go to a better team with more chance of winning trophies.

I honestly wouldn't blame him, I doubt he'll kick up a fuss and hand in a transfer request, but if Rafa or the Yanks accept an offer, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he decided to go. Same applies with Stevie.