You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The weather

Mr Blonde

3D8EEE9D00000578-4251148-Chris_Quigley_p

I reckon you'll be getting a call from intrepid news reporters shortly. That looks terrible.

Meantime, after winding me up all week about this massive dump of snow heading our way all we've got is a bit of rain. Why do they do this to me?

Few big signs down round by ours and some of the 20mph speed signs on the corners of the side streets, which were previously cemented into the pavement at 90 degree upright angles, have shifted and are leaning quite badly at 50/60ish degree angles.

And one of the side streets was police cordened off earlier. Not sure why, presume somethings fell or is about to and is a public safety risk.

Popped out to the shops for lunch earlier and it was Usain Bolt like. I did the usual 4-5 minute walk there and back in about half the time. Fear and wind assisted.

Some people go over the top with it all. Our place has closed one of the offices due to falling debris so have told workers to either work from home or find another site to work from. Some frantic woman has come working here and cannot wait to tell everyone about the panels she saw flying off the building (it's some signage about 12 inches high) and how the office will probably be closed for a week while they fix it (it won't), how someone could have been killed (they couldn't) and how the place will be crawling with workies trying to fix it tomorrow (there won't). Plus everyone she's calling this afternoon is getting a detailed course of events, and I've heard the same shitehawk story about 16 times now.

Some people go over the top with it all. Our place has closed one of the offices due to falling debris so have told workers to either work from home or find another site to work from. Some frantic woman has come working here and cannot wait to tell everyone about the panels she saw flying off the building (it's some signage about 12 inches high) and how the office will probably be closed for a week while they fix it (it won't), how someone could have been killed (they couldn't) and how the place will be crawling with workies trying to fix it tomorrow (there won't). Plus everyone she's calling this afternoon is getting a detailed course of events, and I've heard the same shitehawk story about 16 times now.

We've had some scaffolding go down at one of our sites, someone is definitely getting fired for that.