You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The weather

Mr Blonde

I enjoy sunshine (but not humidity) and subzero temperatures, weather that you actually frigging notice! I've completely missed any rain as I went to Ukraine where its been cloudy and humid as fuck. This summer has been a lot better than the standard pissing down throughout June and July, even if it has been as hot and sticky as my balls.

My old man hasn't enjoyed it all though, he can't sleep and fans don't really do the job. We even bought one of those fancy Dyson fans as I mistakenly thought it chilled the air first, didn't do shit.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

All I've fucking hears and read for the last five days is that some stormy weather was on the way. I've farted stronger gusts than what we got today.

Speak for yourself, Dougie. Our wheelie bin blew over

Nothing as traumatic as a wheelie bin blowing over but all my trains were cancelled yesterday & the buses diverted because of two incidents in the city centre where they'd had to close the roads due to stuff falling off roofs. I'm up on the sixth floor at the moment & it's still pretty fucking wild. 91mph winds recorded on the Tay Bridge yesterday as well.

The cat only went out the back for three fags last night instead of his usual six so it's even bothering him.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Nar.  It's probably Mooks cat starting out on a terrorising the neighbourhood campaign.

The rain kept me in most of the day yesterday and as I said the biggest inconvenience to me was the wheelie bins that had been put out for collection tipping over and blowing their contents into the street but it was clear that it was pretty wild for a time out there.

And credit where it's due, the bus and rail services seem to have got on board with Twitter and were really good at putting out regular updates on disruption to regular services.

What that woman was doing in a caravan on a cliff edge when, as you say, the weather had been forecast for days, god only knows

48 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Its fucking windy! Sarcasm. 

That rain there in Liverpool about 10 minutes ago was ridiculous. Fucking typhoon season 

Ah, ok. You can blame Dougie Do’ins for whingeing about missing out the other day