You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fare thee well, Patrik

ReddOrDedd

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

I remember going to a ressies game against Forest (I think) just to see him play and he scored a belter.

Shame injuries and a lack of faith from Roy Evans held him back somewhat

Even remember the headline on the match report "The Czech that won't bounce"

Great player

Shame injuries and a lack of faith from Roy Evans held him back somewhat

I think that is the biggest problem I've had with a Liverpool manager's team selection decision ever. As a Norwegian who rated Leonhardsen as a player, it drove me insane that he played left midfield while Berger was benched.

Patrik was the best left midfielder since Barnes, and had the sweetest left foot since the same player.

I remember watching Liverpool train in Oslo before playing our national team. He really impressed. So fucking cool under pressure, and so good on the ball it was a joy to watch.

All the best to him, and thanks for the memories and goals. And that fucking rocket of a free-kick at OT stands out among them. It must have been 30 yeards, still Barthez was nowhere near it!

My second favourite player ever.

Agree with captain about Evans picking Leo ahead of him. The worst continued selection decision I can remember in all my time of going the game. Even Leonhardsen was probably embarrassed about it.

I might ask Roy about that at the sportsman's dinner in a few weeks.

I can't believe how quickly time has passed. 14 years!!! I feel really old now.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

All the best to him, and thanks for the memories and goals. And that fucking rocket of a free-kick at OT stands out among them. It must have been 30 yeards, still Barthez was nowhere near it!

Probably because he was playing for Monaco at the time

Van Der Gouw kept goal that day

Probably because he was playing for Monaco at the time

Van Der Gouw kept goal that day

That's what I said, he wasn't even close.

Ooof!

Speaking of what makes you feel old, I still almost cannot believe it wasn't Barthez! My memory is slipping.

The bit where the linesman gets caught in the middle of a mass Berger love hug celebrating the 2nd Chav goal is funny. 2:45.

I went to his first game, which was a reserve game against Forest. 20k+ turrned up to see him, thats how excited the fans where when he signed.