You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Yesterday sums Kuyt up pretty good to me:

Works his ass of, this has never been questioned...

Get's himself into some good positions....

Is not a clinical finisher, as he'd have 4 or 5 yesterday if he was, but scored a nice composed goal in the first and kept his cool on the penalties....

A good squad player, who has something to give to the team as a striker....

On the right, he is usually a waste of space, even when he runs himself to the ground.....

Many people on here will use yesterdays performance to have a go at those who have criticized him, but a closer look at our matches this season will show that he has been one of the main reasons our team have failed to live up to expectations...

And Rafa is as much to blame for this as he is the one who keeps playing him in that position...

I'm made up for the lad that he got a couple of breaks last night and hopefully it can revitalise his season.

Despite some poor form this season, he's still a good player, and more importantly he always seems to produce in big games.

I still think he could do with a bit of a rest due to his style of play and the fact that he's played practically every match since joining us. Hopefully he'll get that when the others return from injury.

Did someone mention on here that he's been playing on painkillers?

Yesterday sums Kuyt up pretty good to me:

Works his ass of, this has never been questioned...

Get's himself into some good positions....

Is not a clinical finisher, as he'd have 4 or 5 yesterday if he was, but scored a nice composed goal in the first and kept his cool on the penalties....

A good squad player, who has something to give to the team as a striker....

On the right, he is usually a waste of space, even when he runs himself to the ground.....

Many people on here will use yesterdays performance to have a go at those who have criticized him, but a closer look at our matches this season will show that he has been one of the main reasons our team have failed to live up to expectations...

And Rafa is as much to blame for this as he is the one who keeps playing him in that position...

precisely

As Shakespeare duly wrote the people are fickle, one half decent game and hes back in the hearts of us reds.

I have been vocal on the subject and have clearly stated that he is not good enough. Ive had the stat argument and as a result posted his stats and not one person on here defended them.

Feeling sorry for him and allowing him to play week in week out are two different things. I hate the fact that I dislike him as a player. It disappoints me to be seen to be on a witch hunt.

However the truth is he simply isn't good enough.

As Shakespeare duly wrote the people are fickle, one half decent game and hes back in the hearts of us reds.

I have been vocal on the subject and have clearly stated that he is not good enough. Ive had the stat argument and as a result posted his stats and not one person on here defended them.

Feeling sorry for him and allowing him to play week in week out are two different things. I hate the fact that I dislike him as a player. It disappoints me to be seen to be on a witch hunt.

He proved he was "good enough" last season.

I dont agree but then again there are plenty of things that you say that I dont agree with. We needed a determined striker last night and even though some of his passing was bad I dont think you are giving him the credit he deserves. In one game we played with Ngog up front and drew.

Played Kuyt up front and we win against better opposition.

The penalties were great. He shaped to hit the second one in the same place he hit the first, then when Gomez dived rolled it into the empty corner. That takes plums of steel, or steel plums, if yer like.

He showed huge balls for the penalties last night. As per usual. I never really doubted he would score, actually.

And the finish for the first goal was ace and very reminiscent of the Kuyt of his first season. Here's hoping he get's that instinct back.

The two misses from an open goal later in the match tells me this might be a long wait.

Good finish on the first goal, some laughable misses and then a late penalty goal, thats it.

The two misses from an open goal later in the match tells me this might be a long wait.

Good finish on the first goal, some laughable misses and then a late penalty goal, thats it.

Love that, 'Late penalty goal, thats it' !

Ignore the pressure, ignore the increased pressure having to take it twice, ignore the coolness whilst under pressure, at the end of a match that he has run himself ragged, nope just dismiss it as 'a late penalty goal'.

The missed chances explain why he will never trouble Torres, the two goals alongside the rest of his contribution, explain why he is a valuable member of the squad.

Kuyt has qualities that endear him to most of us, but a second touch that often turns out to be a tackle isn't one of them!

Never questioned his workrate, honesty or fondness for the Club.

But he isn't a right winger/midfielder.

Playing him as striker last night, Rafa put a round peg into a round hole.

He should do more of this.

I don't know how much pressure there is on taking a late penalty in a game you are winning. I would have thought the pressure would be on the goalie there. If we had been level or behind, fair enough. That said, Kuyt is a good penalty taker and I always trust him to bury them.

1-0 up, for a team that has conceded 6 last minute goals all season, after you personally have missed two guilt edged chances to extend the lead!

In a must win match, and then the first one is cancelled and you are ordered to retake it!

I think there was a lot of pressure on that penalty, a lot.