You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

He's similar to Sissoko in that his virtues are pretty much canceled out by his shortcomings. Sissoko was one of the best ball winners in the league, but I have seen few players at that level who are quite so poor at passing a ball 10 yards.

Had a piss poor season and people are just fed up with it which leads to the abuse. I've abused him myself, but out of pure frustration and anger which is wrong on my part. the lad has been a great servant to the club and should be respected.

Tom R is spot on when he says the abuse should be aimed at the manager for picking him out of form.

I hate him. He is shit fullstop.

As soon as he gets the ball any attack is over, he either gives it away puts it out of play or passes backwards and then stands still wondering what the fuck to do.

Failed striker

Failed winger

Should have been sold ages ago once Rafa realised he was a shit striker, not moved to wing to become an even worse wide player.

His very presence on the field is a bonus to any other team we play. They know they dont need to worry about him as he is useless, making more players to kick the crap out of torres.

I like Kuyt - as a character and often as a player (obviously more so last season)

Working hard is great and i think it really pays off in the games against the big teams (especially those with dangerous full backs). However, i think most people would wish for somebody better in an attacking sense.

A feature of Kuyts play that makes him good in the right sided role is his striker instict (clearly not a complete predator mind) - getting into the box and chasing rebounds etc. I reckon this is affected in the following way...

At times i've thought that perhaps last season he benefitted from (and therefore this season missed) the width that Riera provides on the opposite flank. We play much more narrow without him and less quality play goes down the left hand side without him. This means that Kuyt isn't benefitting from being able to get in the box and feed off the crosses and knocks across goal etc that come from this. With Benayoun play comes inside and is congested - doesn't suit Kuyts technical abilities. With Aurelio/Insua crossed come from deeper and less regular giving Kuyt less time to get in the box or crosses are more aerial.

I like Kuyt. He is very profsessional, he works his ass off and he's very productive in terms of goals and assists.

However he shouldn't be 'untouchable', which he is, regardless of form.

That's not his fault, it is Benitez's.

At times i've thought that perhaps last season he benefitted from (and therefore this season missed) the width that Riera provides on the opposite flank. We play much more narrow without him and less quality play goes down the left hand side without him. This means that Kuyt isn't benefitting from being able to get in the box and feed off the crosses and knocks across goal etc that come from this. With Benayoun play comes inside and is congested - doesn't suit Kuyts technical abilities. With Aurelio/Insua crossed come from deeper and less regular giving Kuyt less time to get in the box or crosses are more aerial.

I think you're right.

Kuyt is a very intelligent player and he anticipates very well. How big of a percentage of his goals come from feeding of scraps and from finishing moves? I'd guess about 80%. His shortcomings become apparent when he has to be one to start moves for himself (or others). Though when he has had enough time and space, he has put in a lot of decent crosses for Yossi/Stevie/Torres/Babel.

I hate him. He is shit fullstop.

As soon as he gets the ball any attack is over, he either gives it away puts it out of play or passes backwards and then stands still wondering what the fuck to do.

Failed striker

Failed winger

Should have been sold ages ago once Rafa realised he was a shit striker, not moved to wing to become an even worse wide player.

His very presence on the field is a bonus to any other team we play. They know they dont need to worry about him as he is useless, making more players to kick the crap out of torres.

Im puzzled by this. I term 'I Hate' should only ever be levelled at the likes of Gary/Phil Neville/Tim Cahill/Wayne Rooney/Slur Alex etc. For a fan to say that about a current player who turns out for the team is worrying

I like Kuyt. He is very profsessional, he works his ass off and he's very productive in terms of goals and assists.

However he shouldn't be 'untouchable', which he is, regardless of form.

That's not his fault, it is Benitez's.

spot in

indeed i see the potential of maybe playing the odd 352 with this team and whilst we have johnson out guess who'll be guaranteed wing back.

infact forget that even if johnson was fit rafa would find some way of playing kuyt on the right.

if he was ever up for sale how much do people think we'd get for him?

Kuyt is one of the few players I've grown to actively despise purely for a lack of footballing ability (my feelings toward him are compounded by the fact everyone goes on about how much he works - which itself is a fallacy - he runs up and down a lot, this is not work)

He elicits the same feelings in me as Phil Babb and Leonhardsen.

There's alot of Kuyt bashing going on here and in all fairness most of it is justified. Yes alot of moves do break down because of him and yes he takes no responsibility in the box and will always look to pass which frustrates me to no end.

However, has anybody noticed his record in the big games - against the other top 4. His energy and knack for coming up with vital goals is actually one of the best at the club.

I'm not saying that deserves a place in the team week in week out. But what i am saying is maybe there is a place for him in the big games - as much as i hate to say it a bit like how the scum use fletcher for their big games - not talented but his energy is vital because the pace is usually so high and he doesnt get the goals that Kuyt gets in those games.

i have the say, kuyt is the only player iv seen who has fucked up technique when trying to dummy a ball.

it was the most awkward dummy in history

hes been shite this season, but unlike a lot on here, i can see his value to the team. I do however, agree that he shouldn't be playing every single godam game, especially when in poor form.

Kuyt had a very good season last season and he has unfortunately failed to match those performances this season. You've got to remember that Dirk is reaching 30 now and he might not be able to run around as much as he used to - which was him main attribute as a player. Dirk can still get us the odd goal here and there, but on his current form you have got to say he is nowhere near the standard expected of a Liverpool quality player. It's a shame because, on the whole, I do like Dirk and appreciate that when he is on form he brings a lot to the team. But he certainly isn't undroppable and Rafa should tell him that he needs to improve his performances - especially if Rodriguez is coming here; which looks likely! I genuinely believe that if Dirk leaves Liverpool FC without a medal to his name, he is one of the best players we have had not to win one. If players of Salif Diao's quality have got medals for us, Dirk certainly should get one after all the hard work he's put in for the team.

He hasn't played well (despite the few assists and goals) so he warrants criticism like any player. But because he's been fit all season and available for selection in a squad suffering from injuries and below par performances he always there to get shit thrown at him.

He's a proper proffesional and thoroughly decent bloke and it's disgusting the shit he gets. Still, that seems to be the way with fans when the team is underperforming. I used to think LFC was different and was proud of being a fan.

Unfortunatley even with LFC it's cool to shit on players, no matter what they've done for the club. The respect is no longer there.

He hasn't played well (despite the few assists and goals) so he warrants criticism like any player. But because he's been fit all season and available for selection in a squad suffering from injuries and below par performances he always there to get shit thrown at him.

He's a proper proffesional and thoroughly decent bloke and it's disgusting the shit he gets. Still, that seems to be the way with fans when the team is underperforming. I used to think LFC was different and was proud of being a fan.

Unfortunatley even with LFC it's cool to shit on players, no matter what they've done for the club. The respect is no longer there.

What has Kuyt brought to this club to deserve any respect?

A bucketload of trophies? Er, no.

A catalogue of stunning goals you could watch over and over again on youtube? Er,no.

Crucial goals in big games? No, if you don't include his useless consolation goal in the Champions League final after he was fucking awful all game.

The only thing Kuyt brings to this club is ridicule and embarrassment. Opposition fans laugh their heads off that a player who wouldn't make their bench is a regular starter for the mighty LFC. He will be the downfall of Benitez and rightly so. Any manager who thinks this turkey deserves 90 minutes EVERY FUCKING WEEK deserves the sack.

But hey, at least he 'works his bollocks off'.