You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Owen Coyle

JMARKH

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bolton are like Leicester under Peter Taylor back in 2001. Did well for half a season before going on an epic losing run towards the end of the season. Manager talked up as one of the top coaches in the country outside of the big clubs, with a reputation for wanting to play football instead of POMO hoofball. Started the following season by continuing the epic losing sequence, shipping goals. Taylor was shown the door. Will Bolton stick with Coyle if their 2011 form continues?

The horns or halo's culture we have is depressing.

Coyle is a good manager. Bolton have defied gravity for a long time. At some point gravity wins (see Southampton/Coventry).

When you are at a club like Bolton the margin for error is much less than at other clubs, pretty much every decision, and transfer, needs to come off. Coyles instincts, attacking attractive football, are always high risk outside the top six, because there are plenty of teams that can expose that. consequently you have a huge raft of "survival" managers where not losing is more important than winning.

I would draw no conclusions whatsoever from Coyles curent difficulties. i am sure he has made mistakes - bu that does not make him a bad manager.

The horns or halo's culture we have is depressing.

Coyle is a good manager. Bolton have defied gravity for a long time. At some point gravity wins (see Southampton/Coventry).

When you are at a club like Bolton the margin for error is much less than at other clubs, pretty much every decision, and transfer, needs to come off. Coyles instincts, attacking attractive football, are always high risk outside the top six, because there are plenty of teams that can expose that. consequently you have a huge raft of "survival" managers where not losing is more important than winning.

I would draw no conclusions whatsoever from Coyles curent difficulties. i am sure he has made mistakes - bu that does not make him a bad manager.

What a load of absolute shite. As usual.

I think Coyle will still be a very good manager and have a decent career but can't see Bolton putting up with this too long

I'm surprised Ngog(not good enough for us but I thought he'd do alright there) and Tuncay haven't made more of an impact, Bolton have a far better squad than some of their rivals

I think Coyle will still be a very good manager and have a decent career but can't see Bolton putting up with this too long

I'm surprised Ngog(not good enough for us but I thought he'd do alright there) and Tuncay haven't made more of an impact, Bolton have a far better squad than some of their rivals

They've each played just five times for some reason.

I think this is a little sophisticated for you.

That there is "trouble at 'Mill" is beyond dispute.That Bolton fans ( and Phil Gartside whom I know) are (rightly) worried just as certain.

The question is to the extent to which Bolton's current difficulties make Coyle a bad manager. I would not draw that equation - you do. Coyles record to date is a fine, and distinguished one. Bolton's current difficulties transecend Owen Coyle.

I think this is a little sophisticated for you.

That there is "trouble at 'Mill" is beyond dispute.That Bolton fans ( and Phil Gartside whom I know) are (rightly) worried just as certain.

Do us a favour and tell him he a twat for me and if you know Dave Whelan the same applies

Coyle has been ridiculously unlucky this season though. Apart from the injuries, Bolton had to play Man City, Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea in their first 7 games. Does anyone think Bolton would be bottom of the table if they'd had (say) Newcastle's start to the season?