You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stop losing ground or else

Shankman

Whats paramount for the mid-long term success of the Club is the new stadium. At the moment, we lose over £1m per home game to the likes of Arsenal and more against Manure. Thats just in gate reciepts before the extra 20-30,000 fans go the clubshop, buy drinks, match day programmes etc etc.

Chelski, Citeh and even Spurs who'll hvae a new stadium shortly will be ahead of us.

Must add up to not far off £25-£30m per year.

We simply cannot compete against that backdrop so in the absence of a sugar daddy buyer, the yanks and the management have got to take responsibility and do it themselves.

It sounds blasphemous but I'd accept it as a fan if we sold Torres, Gerrard and Mascher for say a total of £150m; raised another £100m by a share floatation and got the stadium built.

Short term pain but we've GOT to get the infrastructure in place to compete.

Whats paramount for the mid-long term success of the Club is the new stadium. At the moment, we lose over £1m per home game to the likes of Arsenal and more against Manure. Thats just in gate reciepts before the extra 20-30,000 fans go the clubshop, buy drinks, match day programmes etc etc.

Chelski, Citeh and even Spurs who'll hvae a new stadium shortly will be ahead of us.

We simply cannot compete against that backdrop so in the absence of a sugar daddy buyer, the yanks and the management have got to take responsibility and do it themselves.

It sounds blasphemous but I'd accept it as a fan if we sold Torres, Gerrard and Mascher for say a total of £150m; raised another £100m by a share floatation and got the stadium built.

Are you for real?

Are you for real?

Who or how else are we going to raise enough to get the stadium built.

Spurs will have theirs soon.

That'll be Chesea, Manure, Arse, Spurs, Citeh who are streets ahead of us in terms of competing for players just through gate receipts. How can we compete against that without the right infrastructure. Its impossible.

Are you a cunt?

Don't bother answering, it was a rhetorical question and the answer is self evident.

That'll be Chesea, Manure, Arse, Spurs, Citeh who are streets ahead of us in terms of competing for players just through gate receipts. How can we compete against that without the right infrastructure. Its impossible.

Keeping our best players, our core of the club, is alot more important than building a stadium.

No. I wouldn't say it sounds blasphemous. Fucking stupid. now they are the words I'd use.

We sell our two most marketable assets and that to you is good business sense?

You're either a Manc on the wind up, or a bit daft.

And get relegated. Cant sell our best players. Money needs to come from new investment in the club.

Just a slight problem with your master plan; it guarantees us losing out on CL football negating a majority of the increase in revenue the new stadium would get ut.

Doesn't sound like a plan to me.

I'm not a Manc and its not as stupid as it may appear. We have marketable assets at the moment.

Gerrard will not be worth anything like as much in 18 months time.

Monster wants out and maybe won't sign new contract.

Torres - max value now cos he won't hang around unless we are competing at the top level.

My whole point is we wont be able to compete for the top players if we cant keep up with 5 other clubs financially.

In an ideal world, money comes from outside. But the feckin yanks and the ones that sold out to them cocked the whole thing up hugely.

What i'm saying is money has not come into the club for a number of years. We keep losing ground against the other clubs. That CANNOT be allowed to continue or we are a sinking ship. In the absence of new money, the club have got to fund the stadium themselves.

We HAVE to be able to compete financially - otherwise those players dont stay - top ones dont come to us. It only goes one way from there. What will we be competing for each year - no way the premiership - not even top 4.

May not qualify for champs league for a coupjle of years but imagine a new anfield, hopefully some of the youngsters making the mark, and then we will be able to compete.

Ideally money from outside but if that aint forthcoming, im saying we have no choice. The yanks have fucked this up good and proper.

I'm not a Manc and its not as stupid as it may appear. We have marketable assets at the moment.

Gerrard will not be worth anything like as much in 18 months time.

Monster wants out and maybe won't sign new contract.

Torres - max value now cos he won't hang around unless we are competing at the top level.

My whole point is we wont be able to compete for the top players if we cant keep up with 5 other clubs financially.

In an ideal world, money comes from outside. But the feckin yanks and the ones that sold out to them cocked the whole thing up hugely.

What i'm saying is money has not come into the club for a number of years. We keep losing ground against the other clubs. That CANNOT be allowed to continue or we are a sinking ship. In the absence of new money, the club have got to fund the stadium themselves.

We HAVE to be able to compete financially - otherwise those players dont stay - top ones dont come to us. It only goes one way from there. What will we be competing for each year - no way the premiership - not even top 4.

May not qualify for champs league for a coupjle of years but imagine a new anfield, hopefully some of the youngsters making the mark, and then we will be able to compete.

Ideally money from outside but if that aint forthcoming, im saying we have no choice. The yanks have fucked this up good and proper.

What part of fuck off did you not understand?

What part of fuck off did you not understand?

Thats the way, if you don't like something, don't try and respond intelligently, just swear :)

Why not engage in the discussion about how we can or cannot compete with and without stadium. Otherwise, maybe steer clear of the tread.....

It wont matter anyway these two have fucked us over we will be lucky to have a club left after these two have got there blood money from it,people say dont sell your best players we wont have a fucking choice ,torres already makeing noises today ,do you honestly think one of the best strikers in the world is going to hang around and watch this club fade in to mid table team i dont think so ,and people who think otherwise want to wake up because this club is fucked

What, Manchester City? Have they hired Parry as their accountant?

Their capacity is about 2,500 more than ours. Granted they have better executive facilities but they've been doing cut price deals on tickets for plenty of games this season which balances it out. As for increasing capacity, they don't even own the ground - it's rented from the council.

What, Manchester City? Have they hired Parry as their accountant?

Their capacity is about 2,500 more than ours. Granted they have better executive facilities but they've been doing cut price deals on tickets for plenty of games this season which balances it out. As for increasing capacity, they don't even own the ground - it's rented from the council.

City - ahead of us financially for obvious reasons.

With players playing out of their skins and with great management we might do ok for a season here and there but without being able to compete financially, we will not be challenging fdor the top prizes regularly, so we can't attract the best players nor afford them. Surely we can all

see that.

In debt terms manure have double our debt. But they have the revenues to be able to sustain that and therefore compete for top players.

Weare better off getting more into debt and building the stadium. Players ESP stevie and monster are depreciating assets. We need to max their value and get the thing built. We aren't challenging for the league even withthem in our team so if we cash in and build the stadium at least we will have long term competetiveness.

Inflation will erode the debt over time. Getting it built asap is a must

I understand where you are coming from but the club lives to win trophies and this approach would be going against every one of our clubs values.

However I do agree with you in respect that I cannot see Liverpool winning the league until the new stadium gets built.

City - ahead of us financially for obvious reasons.

Of course they are, I don't dispute that. One thing they got right - if you're going to sell your club to cunts, at least make sure they're rich cunts.

I only commented because you said:

That'll be Chesea, Manure, Arse, Spurs, Citeh who are streets ahead of us in terms of competing for players just through gate receipts.

Anyway, cheers for the clarification Patrick.

So sell our best players to help finance the new ground, then who fills it?

Because the gloryhunters and fairweather fans wont be turning up to watch us finish 12th every year

Trouble is mate that without stadium and the power to compete that comes with it, we won't be challenging for anything anyway!

There's no choice but to build the new ground - just a question of when. The longer we dilly dally around, the further behind we fall and the more expensive it will be to build .

Trouble is mate that without stadium and the power to compete that comes with it, we won't be challenging for anything anyway!

There's no choice but to build the new ground - just a question of when. The longer we dilly dally around, the further behind we fall and the more expensive it will be to build .

I agree it needed to be built yesterday but suggesting we sell our best players (without which the ground will be half full) is madness, we'd have the biggest ground in the championship

I know but those same best players will either be worth a lot less real soon (stevie, monster if he doesn't put pen to paper) or won't wanna hang around if more stars aren't coming (?torres).

So I don't think we really have a choice.

We had one chance at leveraging up and taking on debt - it should have been to build stadium not so the feckin clowns cud take over. Doug ellis got al

slated for a lot of things at villa but he sent hicks or gillet I can't remember which packing after doing some due diligence. Parry and moores didn't even do that!

Edited by Shankman
Spelling