You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This really isn't funny. I'm in work and one of my colleagues was telling us about an ex colleague who died a couple of weeks ago...when her husband was told of her death he was so shocked he had a heart attack...and died. It was so hideous we all started laughing

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

When I was in my teens me and a mate were waiting outside another mate's one Sunday afternoon, when we heard an almighty bang up the road then saw people milling around the area it came from in frantic droves.

Walked up and a lass was screeching hysterically about how "she threw it up there, he just went to get it." Turns out "it" was his wallet after a row about him being too pissed, "there" was an electricity substation roof, "she" was called Shelley Fry and he" was her boyfriend in an Everton shirt.

Through sheer morbid curiosity a well-worn route was followed to the top of an adjacent car park, and it was nay a pretty sight. A grown man with his whole life ahead of him, in an Everton shirt. In short order the fire brigade turned up to retrieve him, but confirming this wasn't his day on an epic scale, it abruptly started absolutely pissing it down so they had to wait until it stopped before they could touch him.

We went back to my car and waited as the emergency services had blocked the road, eventually the lad we were there to see came home, stopped for a chat then moseyed off to do his own rubber necking. After a while he strolled back and breathlessly told us "no need to worry, it's good news." "He's never survived that?". "I doubt it, no, but they've found his wallet."

I wonder did he get to do Fry before he did fry?

ETA : Fucking hell I was confused for a second there, until I realised Liz was cross thread quoting.

• 2 years later...

Am I just a bad person, or...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-39035720

Former Partridge Family singer and actor David Cassidy has said he is suffering from dementia.

The 66-year-old star, a teen idol in the 1970s with hits like How Can I Be Sure?, has told People magazine that he will stop touring as a musician to focus on his health.

• Upvote 2

Am I just a bad person, or...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-39035720

Former Partridge Family singer and actor David Cassidy has said he is suffering from dementia.

The 66-year-old star, a teen idol in the 1970s with hits like How Can I Be Sure?, has told People magazine that he will stop touring as a musician to focus on his health.

You're not a bad person.

The journalist who wrote the story is a bad person, especially as they give two other songs he was famous for further down the article.