You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Good grief!

A pregnant Pakistani woman had a nail hammered into her head by a faith healer who said it would guarantee she gave birth to a boy, a doctor said Wednesday.

Exploitative faith healers, whose practices are rooted in mystic Sufi lore, are common across Muslim-majority Pakistan despite the disapproval of some schools of Islam.

In South Asia, a son is often believed to offer better financial security to parents than daughters.

The woman arrived at a hospital in the northwestern city of Peshawar after trying to extract the nail herself with pliers, doctor Haider Khan told AFP.

"She was fully conscious, but was in immense pain," said Khan, who removed the spike.

The mother of three daughters said she was pregnant with another girl, the doctor added. An X-ray showed the five-centimetre nail had pierced the top of the woman's forehead but missed her brain.

Khan said a hammer or other heavy object was used to knock it in.

The woman initially told hospital staff she had hammered the nail into her head herself on the advice of the faith healer, before later admitting he had carried out the act.

Peshawar police are trying to track down the woman in order to question him.

"We have collected the CCTV footage from the hospital and hope to reach the woman soon," city police chief Abbas Ahsan told AFP.

"We will soon lay our hands on the sorcerer," he said.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2022/02/10/sorcerer-hammers-5cm-nail-pregnant-womans-head-gender-ritual/

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Mudface said:

I have no desire to watch a monkey batter the fuck out of a seagull but if there's a video of it shitting on Strontiums back doing the rounds ....... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Some horrible old couple in Dobbies garden centre before taking fucking ages ages to order their food and talking to the staff like shit got to the till and started moaning about the shit service. 

They were completely oblivious to everyone waiting then got told how much their food was and they kicked off again. They thought they'd got one of those cheap combo meals but had ordered a couple of meals that were full price and were almost in tears at the till at being charged 39 quid for two fish and chips meals and a couple of scones.

Even though I agreed that it was a total rip off I was trying to suppress my laughter by looking away and biting my lip and the other people joining the queue thought I was a right cunt for finding it hilarious, even though this old couple were a pair of horrible patronising twats. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...