You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

In other bus related capers...

Coming back from work yesterday on the bus and the door on the storage for suitcases etc on the side of the bus flew open on a roundabout. No-one noticed apart from one guy in his 50s. The only person who actually had a bag big enough to bother putting it in there. Anyway, the bus driver eventually stopped about half a mile up the dual carriageway, after a couple of minutes of shouting from the fella whose clothes were now in the middle of a busy roundabout. He sprints off down the hard shoulder while the rest of the bus is in fits of laughter.

A family who spent nine years in a basement "waiting for the end of time" have been discovered by police in the Netherlands after one of them turned up at a local pub, reports say.

A man, 58, and six adults - aged 18 to 25 - were living at a farm in the northern province of Drenthe.

They were found after one of the six ordered beer at a bar in the nearby village of Ruinerwold.

Is it over yet??

14 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

A family who spent nine years in a basement "waiting for the end of time" have been discovered by police in the Netherlands after one of them turned up at a local pub, reports say.

A man, 58, and six adults - aged 18 to 25 - were living at a farm in the northern province of Drenthe.

They were found after one of the six ordered beer at a bar in the nearby village of Ruinerwold.

Is it over yet??

Bit like he felt when he signed for them lot 

• Upvote 1

I took the birds lad to his rugby on Sunday morning. It’s under 8’s, they only play tag rugby and tackling is not allowed. 

The club have an inclusivity policy and they have a kid with Downs Syndrome on their side. 

He was head and shoulders above anyone else on his side or the opposition and weighed at least double that of every other kid there. 

I’m watching them all warm up and whilst he’ll never make a sportsman in his life, had zero hand/eye coordination and couldn’t catch a cold he had more enthusiasm than anyone. 

It was also lovely to see how encouraging and supporting all his teammates were and not once did anyone say anything negative towards him when he dropped the ball yet again. 

About 5 minutes into the second quarter and I see the coach call him over and tell him he’s going on. He also spends a couple of minutes reminding him of the rules, ‘you have to pass backwards, you can’t tackle, grab their tag, enjoy yourself and have fun’. 

It was actually quite moving to witness, as soon as he was on the pitch his teammates were all cheering him on and passed to him straight away. Although he knocked on. 

The game restarts and their opposition player ran straight towards him, only for ‘Jack’ to completely forget everything he’d been told on the touch line only a few minutes earlier and absolutely fucking smash a kid less than half his size with a crunching tackle to make a Maori proud. 

He then stands up proud as punch and does a dance over this little scrawny runt who is led on the floor looking up and seeing stars.  

I had to walk away from the pitch I was laughing so much and was in physical pain where I couldn’t stop. 

• Upvote 16

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Pistonbroke

Just been to the hospital for Physio and had to pass the smokers area on the way to the main entrance. This bloke was there with both hands and forearms completely bandaged as well as his head, less a few slits for eyes, nose and mouth. He'd gotten someone to sew a clothes peg into the bandages so other folk could stick a ciggie in it for him to smoke. Both ingenious and desperate in equal measures. You had to be there to also see the funny side of this mummy smoking away. 

3 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Fella on the bus spent 30 minutes talking to a packet of chewing gum, throwing paper at people as they got off the bus, then, as a party piece, shat himself.

It was fucking horrendous but I couldn't stop laughing.

Its been a tough time. Sorry. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Fella on the bus spent 30 minutes talking to a packet of chewing gum, throwing paper at people as they got off the bus, then, as a party piece, shat himself.

It was fucking horrendous but I couldn't stop laughing.

It wasn't Acid off here was it?

• Upvote 1

On 30/08/2019 at 04:32, General Dryness said:

I know my drugs, young man. Between my various medical conditions I'm on enough of the cunts.

However I buggered up on this occasion. Its pantoprazole she takes. Which is still a proton pump inhibitor. Which I agree is a fucking great name.

I have just joined the pantoprazole team, any good side effects to look out for? I’m also back on prednisolone which gave me fucking moonface last time I was on it, looked like a fucking chipmunk

55 minutes ago, arthur friedenreich said:

I have just joined the pantoprazole team, any good side effects to look out for? I’m also back on prednisolone which gave me fucking moonface last time I was on it, looked like a fucking chipmunk

Just asked her about the pantoprazole. No interesting side effects, but don't miss a dose once you've started taking it or you'll be in a world of digestive system pain.

On another note, my cat was on prednisolone and it made him diabetic. Don't know if that happens to humans though. Good luck.

1 hour ago, General Dryness said:

Just asked her about the pantoprazole. No interesting side effects, but don't miss a dose once you've started taking it or you'll be in a world of digestive system pain.

On another note, my cat was on prednisolone and it made him diabetic. Don't know if that happens to humans though. Good luck.

Aye diabetes is a possibility with it. I’m on a high dose but it’ll be tapered down, over time, but it’s a lifetime drug for transplants.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, General Dryness said:

Have a look at my recent post about a long-standing misdiagnosis of diabetes related to steroid use on The Ailment Thread mate, if you’re interested. Or more accurately, chronically in need of something to nod off to.

Steroids are well known to raise blood sugars above the threshold where something like an oral glucose tolerance test would provide a diagnosis of diabetes.

Obviously it’s always possible such elevated sugars could genuinely represent diabetes, or presumably that sustained high sugars caused by steroids could lead to someone developing type 2.  As my case shows though, also perfectly possible that once you jib the steroids your sugars just go straight back into the normal range.

The resulting diagnosis can be a bit harder to shift.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, arthur friedenreich said:

And re the chipmunk thing. I’ve always been a fairly skinny little bastard, but during my period on steroids my face absolutely ballooned as you said, as did my overall weight by several stone. 

Always remember going round a mate’s and I had a shirt with popper buttons on. As I sat down, the couple round the stomach blew open to fucking gales of laughter from all my mates. Arse never even touched the seat, straight back up and drove home. Fuck that noise.

Cunts were still laughing about it on Saturday night and it must have been 2010.

• Upvote 2