You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

17 hours ago, cloggypop said:

Facebook is for keeping in touch with people you don't often see. I don't have anyone on there that I wouldn't happily have a beer with in real life. I rarely post anything on there myself. 

Yeah that's how I treat it. I deleted mine years ago and started a new one with only people I know well or am related to on there. It was really odd being blanked by people in the gym then having them send you birthday greetings a few weeks later. 

I think a lot of people did that once they got over the initial excitement of the concept. I don't like the structure of Facebook now in the sense that it's essentially an advertising platform. Used to be that you'd get a wall of updates from people moving in real time, now I can see an update someone did last Tuesday, which I've already read, interspaced by ads, ads and more ads. 

49 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Yeah that's how I treat it. I deleted mine years ago and started a new one with only people I know well or am related to on there. It was really odd being blanked by people in the gym then having them send you birthday greetings a few weeks later. 

I think a lot of people did that once they got over the initial excitement of the concept. I don't like the structure of Facebook now in the sense that it's essentially an advertising platform. Used to be that you'd get a wall of updates from people moving in real time, now I can see an update someone did last Tuesday, which I've already read, interspaced by ads, ads and more ads. 

There are adblockers for facebook such as SocialFixer and Facebook Purity.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guess it takes allsorts

Man dies after eating bag of licorice every day for a few weeks

A Massachusetts construction worker’s love of black licorice wound up costing him his life, doctors say

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/sep/24/man-licorice-dies-massachusetts?utm_term=Autofeed&CMP=twt_gu&utm_medium&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1600955556

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Stickman said:

Guess it takes allsorts

Man dies after eating bag of licorice every day for a few weeks

A Massachusetts construction worker’s love of black licorice wound up costing him his life, doctors say

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/sep/24/man-licorice-dies-massachusetts?utm_term=Autofeed&CMP=twt_gu&utm_medium&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1600955556

Another victim of a vegetarian diet.

8 hours ago, General Dryness said:

NZ company that. Based just down the road from here in Levin. 

Their raspberry choc log is a thing of beauty.

What is Whittaker's stuff like? They used to sponsor some touring cars and I've always wanted to try some as a result. Mainly as the Robbie Francevic Sierra they sponsored looked supoib.