You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wigan @ Anfield, Wednesday night

zigackly

I'd play Gerrard alongside Mascherano. On paper it is a partnership that shopuld be formidable. One of the best defensive midfielders, alongside one of the best attacking midfielders.

Let Aquilani play higher up the field behind Torres where he can have freedom to create.

Let Gerrard control play from trhe centre of the pitch.

You mean it's time to put Gerrard back in the middle?

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Glen is out I would think that Rafa will play Degen and keep the Carr/Agger combo in the middle, especially at home as degen is bigger offensive threat.

But he probably wants to give Skrtel chances to play when there is opportunity. maybe is somekind of birthday present for Martin. :thumbup:

But I can´tbelieve he would leave out his lover Leiva-Boy.

8 weeks after the Arsenal game when Aquilani came off the bench and we still don't see him starting games.

It's not like the team has been playing well without him.

Rafa is baffling!

Did no-one else think Aquilani looked about a thousand miles away from ready against Arsenal then? I think Rafa is between a rock and a hard place there, if he plays him and he's shit he gets criticism, and if he doesn't play him he gets criticism. He has to keep throwing him on for thirty minutes at the end until he looks the part for me. I've never felt he should be playing him from the start in league games until he's sharp.

Did no-one else think Aquilani looked about a thousand miles away from ready against Arsenal then? I think Rafa is between a rock and a hard place there, if he plays him and he's shit he gets criticism, and if he doesn't play him he gets criticism. He has to keep throwing him on for thirty minutes at the end until he looks the part for me. I've never felt he should be playing him from the start in league games until he's sharp.

To a certain extent he looked lost and he wasn't quite up to speed, but I don't think he was helped by the ball being launched from the back at nearly every opportunity.

If that is the team then Kuyt will be expected to drop into an attacking midfield role and also the creative spark to help set Torres up.

We then have a £20m Italian international whose natural game is to do exactly that sat on the bench.

There is no way in this world he will play 442 with Gerrard centre mid tomorrow.

He's done it about 10 times in 5 years

Even when we played 442 week in week out we had Momo an Xabi in the centre Gerrard on the right

2 holding midfielders to start the game in Aurelio and Mascherano. I reckon it's nailed on, he's not going to go attacking when everyone's confidence is shot an we're playing shite

To a certain extent he looked lost and he wasn't quite up to speed, but I don't think he was helped by the ball being launched from the back at nearly every opportunity.

If you watch the re-runs of both Fiorentina and Arsenal games you will see Aquilani was showing great movement and getting into space to recieve the ball.

The problem was Carra or Agger got the ball and just hoofed forward.