You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wigan @ Anfield, Wednesday night

zigackly

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While I'd accept there hasn't been much to get excited about, I'd say the fans always need to help the team. Its what its all about.

I'd say at the moment the effect the fans are having on the team is the absolute least of our worries on the pitch.

We're playing slow, the midfield is just strolling around, poor pressing. Positives are Yossi playing better again, Ngog taking the chance. Mascherano and Gerrard have to get going in the second half, more urgency, especially as the attackers are moving a bit, finally.

Well that was not a half of football for the neutral.

Wigan are a horrible 'football' team. They are just all big, strong and around 6 foot three inches tall and play like eleven Dirk Kuyt's, with lots of graft but little craft... not many 'footballers' in that team that want to get the ball down and pass.

I don't think we have looked good, the side is disjointed and don't look like they have played together before - they probably haven't. We haven't got much shape, however we are still the better side.

The benefit of having Gerrard in centre midfield, means we have another scoring threat on the field. He is always probing with his passing and ultimately that pressure meant we earnt a free kick and Aurelio put in a nice ball for Ngog.

Ngog has been lively and I think he is improving all the time. I like him, I just think it is a big ask for him to be back up to Torres... however he is and he's doing well, working hard and you can't argue with his scoring record. I like him!

Will hopefully see Aquilani this half and I'll be interested to see where he plays - alongside Mascherano or behind a lone striker.

But this half shows why Gerrard needs to be in the centre more at home against the weaker teams. Yes maybe we don't have as much 'control' and protection that Lucas / Mascherano can offer. However we have far more threat in possession and given we expect to dominate these games, we should making the opposition worry about us far more than us worrying about them.

Player of the half was Benayoun for me, always a threat when he got the ball.

There used to be atsmosphere before a game, now only before a big game. Liverpool fans no longer get it, fucking hell they try to proscribe what can be sung at a game! No wonder the whole club is shite.

Used to be understood that you build from the foundation, now its 'I want this, that and the fucking other'. Yes the football is crap at the moment but its no m ore than we as fans and a club deserve after the incessant shit levelled by our own after finishing runners up last year.

So if we, as fans, level legitimate criticism at the manager we deserve the absolute mess that passes for football do we?

Ted, do you honstly believe that team low on confidence will play better without support? It doesn't make any sense not to get behind them.

Equally the fans confidence is on the floor at the moment.

we aren't paid to make the team play better; that's the job of the manager.

Equally the fans confidence is on the floor at the moment.

we aren't paid to make the team play better; that's the job of the manager.

I don't really want to get in the middle of this. But I will say this: Sure the manager is paid to make the team play better, but we are supporters. We shouldn't need paying to get behind the team.