You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wigan @ Anfield, Wednesday night

zigackly

I'm thinking Kuyt and Torres upfront with Yossi and Aurelio on the wings

I would think it is more likely he'll play Kuyt right, Yossi left and Aurelio in centre mid. He's played that before and I think he'll go with that here.

I've received two texts off the club telling me about tickets being available.

I'll be surprised if 40,000 turn up

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldnt suprise me if torres is on the bench,anything other than a win questions have got to be asked about benitez,s future

Errr they are already being asked, rightly so too.

I'm confident we'll win, less confident of a nice run of results though, The way we're playing I don't think we'll be able to string three wins together after this match for the last games of 2009.

I never look forward to us playing Portsmouth as it's been a bit of a dodgy fixture for us in the past. I'd hate to say it but I can see us getting a result against Wigan and Wolves, then dropping points against Portsmouth and Villa....How depressing is it even contemplating that.

Hopefully the players will go at Wigan from the off, but what with our current form I can see it being 1 or 2 nil.

We'll win tomorrow.

If Mascherano is out surely it'd be a perfect oppurtunity for Aquilani?

Yes you would think that. But when it comes to Rafa you just never know what the fuck is going to happen.

If Masch was out he'd prob start with lucas and aurelio in mid and then say Aquilani was at the wrong temperature or some other stupid excuse.

I would think it is more likely he'll play Kuyt right, Yossi left and Aurelio in centre mid. He's played that before and I think he'll go with that here.

I've received two texts off the club telling me about tickets being available.

I'll be surprised if 40,000 turn up

I'm a ST holder and I've been getting texts since monday from people trying to palm off tickets

Lucas out you think Al.

I also wonder what the reaction will be if Aquilani is not picked to start again.

You always post sense coop, what would your reaction be?

So far I have understood the reasons he may not have played, even if I haven't agreed with them.

I can see absolutely no reason why Aquilani wouldn't start tomorrow, none whatsoever. If he doesn't start at home to a poor Wigan team with a nothing centre midfield then their is something sinister going on

So far I have understood the reasons he may not have played, even if I haven't agreed with them.

I can see absolutely no reason why Aquilani wouldn't start tomorrow, none whatsoever. If he doesn't start at home to a poor Wigan team with a nothing centre midfield then their is something sinister going on

I think we should speculate wildly on exactly what that sinister thing is.

Personally from what ive seen so far of Aquilani he has looked good in parts but im far from convinced although in all fairness we have not seen enough to form an opinion on him.

I would play him from the start tomorrow but behind Torres with Gerrard alongside Mascherano in the centre.

Nothing againt Lucas but now the main players are back he is a good squad player to have.

I get a feeling though that Rafa will go 4-4-2 tomorrow which isn't a bad thing but it means one of Aquilani or Gerrard missing out.

Who plays centre mid for Wigan? Gomez and Hendry Thomas? Not really stern opposition is it?

Really is the type of game he should be looking to start him in as I really don't see why we need Lucas and Mascherano at home against Wigan.

I'd play Gerrard alongside Mascherano. On paper it is a partnership that shopuld be formidable. One of the best defensive midfielders, alongside one of the best attacking midfielders.

Let Aquilani play higher up the field behind Torres where he can have freedom to create.

Let Gerrard control play from trhe centre of the pitch.

I agree, he's upped his game and looks like he wants to stay.

Call me cynical, but it's getting awfully close to the transfer window and Mascherano hasn't exactly been denying stroies linking him with a move away.

I reckon he's on the phone to Pickfords as we speak.