You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like they probably called this one right. But why is a guy with 50 convictions roaming the streets anyway? 'Rehab' clearly isn't working. At some point you've got to draw a line in the sand with these cretins - anymore crime and your going to be doing a significant stretch.

If someone had done that with this Salem character he wouldn't have had his head caved in with a cricket bat and the guy whose house got burgled wouldn't be looking at doing a stretch.

To be fair they went a bit far with what they did to him. A cunt he undoubtedly is, but they left him brain damaged.

So he wasn't already?

More than 50 convictions and still doesn't realise crime doesn't pay. There was obviously something missing in the 1st place. Scum piece of shit.

The twat got off lightly I wouldn't have let him walk again.

The judge (like the rest) has obviously lost his marbles too (if he had any).

So he wasn't already?

More than 50 convictions and still doesn't realise crime doesn't pay. There was obviously something missing in the 1st place. Scum piece of shit.

The judge (like the rest) has obviously lost his marbles too (if he had any).

Did the attackers know he had 50 convictions at the time? Would it have still been ok if it had been his first offence?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
So he wasn't already?

Then you would, rightly, be in prison.

Clearly you string 'em up brigade are so wound up that you don't check the details when there is a PC gone mad rant available to you. Re-read the article, Tokeer Hussain (NOT A VICTIM OF THE THE ROBBERY) got what he deserved.

The article again, edited for you:

Homeowner jailed for tackling burglar

Munir Hussain and his wife and children returned from their local mosque during Ramadan to find three intruders, wearing balaclavas, in their home.

He feared for their lives as their hands were tied behind their backs and they were forced to crawl from room to room.

The 53-year-old made his escape after throwing a coffee table and enlisted his brother Tokeer in chasing the offenders down the street in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, bringing one of them to the ground.

What followed was described in Reading Crown Court as self-defence that went too far, leaving intruder Walid Salem with a permanent brain injury after he was struck with a cricket bat so hard that it broke into three pieces.

The brothers, described as family men at the heart of the local community, were found guilty of causing grievous bodily harm with intent after a trial earlier this year. The prosecution alleged two other men took part in the so-called "revenge attack" with them.

Tokeer Hussain was given a 39-month sentence because Judge John Reddihough decided he had not been subject to as much provocation as his brother.

Edited by Remmie

I'm with the majority here that they went too far but also agree this bloke should have been in prison in the first place.

I think we have a couple of lawyers on here and they'll be able to correct me but surely if this guy has committed 50 offences he's likely to have broken all kinds of previous court orders (as 50 completely different offences is pretty difficult to do), supervision orders, been on bail etc etc. Unless he's about 100. But then he's have crumbled to dust when they hit him.

Clearly you string 'em up brigade are so wound up that you don't check the details when there is a PC gone mad rant available to you. Re-read the article, Tokeer Hussain (NOT A VICTIM OF THE THE ROBBERY) got what he deserved.

Do you not feel a bit cringey writing that? Most opinion polls over the last few decades suggest that the "string 'em up brigade", as you put it, represent the significant majority of the population in this country.

By the way, both brothers got jailed.

Also, did this guy have a sign on his head saying 'I've comitted 50 crimes'? Do you think 3 of the 4 men, who weren't victims of his crime, the right to cause serious long term damage? At the time all they knew is he tried to rob 1 house.

Do you not feel a bit cringey writing that? Most opinion polls over the last few decades suggest that the "string 'em up brigade", as you put it, represent the significant majority of the population in this country.

By the way, both brothers got jailed.

Can I see some evidence of this please? I see no reason to cringe at all, it's those that put 2+2 together and come up with 5 that need to cringe.

Say Mr Salem's brother had seen the attack carried out on his brother and then stoved one of the attacker's heads in with a baseball bat. Should he get a medal too, or would his victim 'a good guy who didn't deserve it'?

As for both brothers, it doesn't state how long Munir Hussain got jailed for in the initial article if he even did get jailed. I'm going on what the article said.

Can I see some evidence of this please? I see no reason to cringe at all, it's those that put 2+2 together and come up with 5 that need to cringe.

Say Mr Salem's brother had seen the attack carried out on his brother and then stoved one of the attacker's heads in with a baseball bat. Should he get a medal too, or would his victim 'a good guy who didn't deserve it'?

As for both brothers, it doesn't state how long Munir Hussain got jailed for in the initial article if he even did get jailed. I'm going on what the article said.

Here's one for you:

The uncovered poll | UK news | The Observer

If you read my own post on the matter I suggested that I believe the judge called it right.

Who has put 2 + 2 together and got 5? I've just told you that both brothers got jailed because I read it from another news source. Maybe other people did too? Aren't you just presuming that others are equally less well informed than you and thereby putting 2+2 together etc?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I read as far as '67 per cent support the death penalty' and, even as a Guardian/Observer reader, knew that it was pointless me carrying on.

Here's one for you:

The uncovered poll | UK news | The Observer

If you read my own post on the matter I suggested that I believe the judge called it right.

Who has put 2 + 2 together and got 5? I've just told you that both brothers got jailed because I read it from another news source. Maybe other people did too? Aren't you just presuming that others are equally less well informed than you and thereby putting 2+2 together etc?

Thanks for the link, pretty shocking stuff that, wonder if that matchers other opinion polls. Also said stuff like:

67 per cent support the death penalty.

Nearly a quarter of us would be tempted to carry a gun if the law allowed it.

55 per cent believe certain ethnic groups are more likely to commit crime.

I am not well informed on the case at all. I am going from what I've gleamed from the 1 article on this forum, I don't particularly have an interest in the story enough to read lots of articles. I'm assuming that is the case of most other people on this thread. However, going on the article alone - it only mentions Tokeer Hussain going to prison, yet their seems to be confusion with between him and his brother.

I can name names of who has got that wrong on this thread if necessary, but I think it's self-evident and unnecessary.

Guest Slim(fast)Shady

The bloke should receive a "community action trust reward"

sends a message out to the other scum... i mean...its not the material things in a burglary...its the 'kin liberty that some junkie has been rifling through yeh stuff!

I'd have ben really pissed off with breaking my bat. A good bat is a thing of beauty.

Think the sentences were too harsh but they were right to be nicked for what they did.

Yeah, knocking a new bat is a right pain in the arse too.

I'm usually hesittant about criticising sentencing and I'll be no different here. So much needs to be considered that we probably don't hear about, then of course there is the time he will actually serve if he keeps his nose clean.

But, I agree with some on here that being broken into, or having a member of your family broken into does not give carte Blanche to stove someones head in with Kookaburra while they are fleeing the scene. I assume its a Kookaburra as it broke and a County or Woodworm would have killed him.

Edited by RJ Fan club

The inconsistency of the justice system fucks me off. Violent offenders can escape prison sentences by being ordered to do community service instead, drunk drivers can cause fatal accidents and be given less time in jail than the bloke in this article. A career criminal with over 50 convictions against him was until recently free to carry out yet more crime. Yet a man with no previous criminal history who has been pushed over the edge by a knife-wielding maniac holding his family hostage has been put away for more than 2 years. No wonder crime is on the rise. Criminals have it easy in this country and there is no effective deterrent left to deal with them. Maybe mob justice/vigilantism is the future for law and order in this country, since the authorities are so fucking useless.

The inconsistency of the justice system fucks me off. Violent offenders can escape prison sentences by being ordered to do community service instead, drunk drivers can cause fatal accidents and be given less time in jail than the bloke in this article. A career criminal with over 50 convictions against him was until recently free to carry out yet more crime. Yet a man with no previous criminal history who has been pushed over the edge by a knife-wielding maniac holding his family hostage has been put away for more than 2 years. No wonder crime is on the rise. Criminals have it easy in this country and there is no effective deterrent left to deal with them. Maybe mob justice/vigilantism is the future for law and order in this country, since the authorities are so fucking useless.

How on earth could mob justice be the answer? i agree that sentencing in the UK seems strange at times, but I think that the punishment was about right. This is certainly not something that should be encouraged.