You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cheap fix

andrew78

I would hope we are looking at RVN. He could play with Torres or as a lone striker when Torres is injured or rested.

He is proven in this league, has scored goals wherever he's gone and he should perform given he has to prove his form and fitness if he wants to get into the Dutch squad for the World Cup.

Or we copuld try to get the best out of Babel?! But I think RVN would be a shrewd move on loan, with a view to getting him on a bosman in the summer, when his contract runs out.

Retired. And although Pandev may be an option, he could demand all kinds of stupid wages with his contract coming to an end, something we just cannot offer.

I'm actually starting to believe that there are no decent centre forwards we can bring to the team, noting the total lack of money we have. If it's going to be a loan deal it's going to have to be from abroad, there's no way a team from the top 6 in the prem are going to loan us one. And those from further below the table are total shite.

I'm going to probably regret saying this but if Babel is still here, then maybe stick him up top. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Sad thing is, I already know he'll be shite, but it doesn't stop me from thinking it's one of the only options we have.

Like a Mongol ???

Benni McCarthy

Thought this a while back, then found out McCarthy is a boyhood United fan. Shouldn't make a difference I suppose.

Pacheco is a clever player and sometimes is thinking way too fast for those around him in the ressies, and, as someone else has already said, it's not going to make a lot of difference to our season if him and a few others get a sniff of first team action.

I would hope we are looking at RVN. He could play with Torres or as a lone striker when Torres is injured or rested.

He is proven in this league, has scored goals wherever he's gone and he should perform given he has to prove his form and fitness if he wants to get into the Dutch squad for the World Cup.

Or we copuld try to get the best out of Babel?! But I think RVN would be a shrewd move on loan, with a view to getting him on a bosman in the summer, when his contract runs out.

Ruud Van Nistelrooy on loan until the end of the season, with Real Madrid perhaps contributing towards half of his wages, with a view to a permanent deal next summer would be a prudent move.

Marouane Chamakh at Bordeaux is also available on a Bosman.

Found this over on TIA,

Former Man United forward Ruud van Nistelrooy is close to agreeing a six-month loan move to Liverpool, according to reports on Wednesday.

The Real Madrid and Holland international is out of favour at the Bernabeu and with Rafa Benitez seeking cover for Fernando Torres up-front, van Nistelrooy has been heavily linked with a return to the Premier League.

The 33 year old is keen to get regular football ahead of next summer’s World Cup.

Van Nistelrooy made his debut for the Mancs against Liverpool in 2001 and went on to score 150 goals in just 219 appearances for Ferguson’s team. He joined Real Madrid in summer 2006 where he has an equally impressive scoring record, with 46 goals in 68 appearances.

A move to Anfield would represent an uncanny resemblance to United’s signing of former Liverpool forward Michael Owen in the summer. In 2002/03 both players finished as top scorers for their respective clubs, 6 years later they could be playing at opposite ends of the old East Lancs Road.

TIA Comment: Forget the fact he used to play for them, this would be a great signing, his record speaks for itself and would be great back-up for Torres. He’s never relied upon pace so his age isn’t a huge problem, especially given it would only be a loan deal. He could also provide experience for the likes of Ngog, and even Torres.

Looks like it could be happening, fingers crossed!!