You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cheap fix

andrew78

Adriano is having the time of his life in Brazil and it becoming a good player again ergo we couldn't afford him.

RVN would come on loan I think, if nothing else to cement a world cup place.

I'm of the opinion we don't actually need another world class forward in January as desperately as some make out. Just an experienced journeyman who knows where the net is would do as a temporary fix until the summer. That failing stick one of the kids in, they're not going to ruin our season now are they?

Henrik Larsson on loan.

Retired. And although Pandev may be an option, he could demand all kinds of stupid wages with his contract coming to an end, something we just cannot offer.

I'm actually starting to believe that there are no decent centre forwards we can bring to the team, noting the total lack of money we have. If it's going to be a loan deal it's going to have to be from abroad, there's no way a team from the top 6 in the prem are going to loan us one. And those from further below the table are total shite.

I'm going to probably regret saying this but if Babel is still here, then maybe stick him up top. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Sad thing is, I already know he'll be shite, but it doesn't stop me from thinking it's one of the only options we have.

Benni McCarthy

Was going to be my suggestion. I guess they will want about £2m for him. We could probably get close to that for selling Voronin back to Germany.

RVN would be a good signing as well although I'm not sure he would be happy sitting on the bench so much.

Paches should be given more chances as well. Hope to see him on the bench tomorrow.

Guest PurpleNose
What's he liek these days?

Last time i seen him for Inter, he was completely shit.

Scoring lots of goals, albeit in a pub league. Outside chance of making the Brazil squad for South Africa.

Really not sure whether I'd want us to sign him or not. Clearly better than every striker apart from Torres at the club, but wouldn't want someone on big wages to suddenly start smoking crack or having a mental breakdown and we're lumbered with him for 12-18 months.

Thats about £200k p/w unfortunately.

Maybe but you're making the assumption they would demand that? I doubt they would. High wages, probably, they're two very good professionals, but I reckon they'd be willing to take half that to play for us. Which would be a decent deal, they'd earn those wages more than the likes of Babel and Riera.

Guest PurpleNose
Maybe but you're making the assumption they would demand that? I doubt they would. High wages, probably, they're two very good professionals, but I reckon they'd be willing to take half that to play for us. Which would be a decent deal, they'd earn those wages more than the likes of Babel and Riera.

RVN we'll loan I reckon. But Real will want a decent chunk of his enormous wages. Regarding Viera you're probably right, his stock has fallen so much he surely can't be expecting more than £50k p/w.

I can't see Rafa wanting Viera unless Mascherano went in Jan.

I want a clearout above anything else. Too many shite fringe players on big money contributing fuck all.

Not sure what his contract situation is but Klose is out in the cold at Bayern...good goal-scoring record,good in the air,good link up play and has apparently said he admires LFC.

“I have two teams that I follow with pleasure and curiosity.

“In England, it is Liverpool and in Italy, I like the Inter of [Jose] Mourinho, who I consider to be a great coach.” (Four Four Two)

International apps 93......Goals 48

Club apps...241....goals 153

Would be good I think

Chelsea eye up Aguero. Hughes looks to bring in another £20m defender. Ferguson contemplates breaking into his £60m warchest. Meanwhile back at the ranch....

This got me wondering, Who could Chelsea buy that would be an improvement on Drogba and Anelka?

Who could Man Utd buy that wouldn't cost them the £60 mill the have left over from Ronaldo (if it hasn't already gone to pay the interest on their loans).

Another thing it got me thinking about - who has Ferguson managed to buy in the £6 - £10 Mill bracket that has worked out as well for him as Reina, Skrtle, Agger and Benayoun have for us?