You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kuyt doesn't have the eye for goal to be a striker. He doesn't have the pace to be a winger. And he doesn't have the touch to play in the hole. His strengths are workrate and positional versatility but that is only enough to be a squad player at best, for a club with ambitions like ours. He could be our Park Ji Sung if you like. The calamity is that not only do we not have enough better players to keep him out of the starting lineup, but that you feel the manager regards him as belonging there.

I think he has a good eye for goal, in fact most of his goals are "poachers goals". He also has a good football brain and attitude. His main problem is that he doesn't have that much skill. First touch dodgy, finishing often inconsistent, can't run with the ball at pace and go past players.

If some of the more naturally gifted players we've had at the club over the last few years had Dirk's mindset, maybe they would have made a better fist of our wide positions.

You can all suck my balls. According to the Actim Index, Dirk Kuyt is the fifth best striker in the Premier League this season behind Drogba, Defoe, Agbonlahor, and Anelka.

I know what I see with my own eyes.... Does that statistic include the negative factors as well? Didn't think so.....

I have a better first touch than Kuyt. That's a fucking fact. As somebody memorably described him, he has the touch of a rapist. It's shocking that he's automatic 1st choice at Liverpool. Sell him ffs, over Rafa's head if need be. That would probably result in Rafa resigning, which would be best for all concerned.

I haven't seen a worse player than him get a regular spot in our team since I started following Liverpool. I certainly didn't see the likes of Jimmy Carter, Speedie, Walsh, McDonald etc put together a collection of such dire performances such as we've seen all of this season and for most of his time at the club.