You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not the only player who isn't playing to the level he showed last season - Carragher, Skrtel, Riera, Kuyt, Gerrard... all are not playing to the level they should be.

I think Mascherano has picked up his game, but towards the beginning of the season, he was the same.

When you add to the fact injuries to other players such as Torres, Aurelio, Aquilani, plus Rafa's odd decisions - such as insisting on playing Lucas with Mascherano... it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see why we are struggling.

Kuyt shouldn't be singled out though. He's got his flaws, his form needs to improve and he shouldn't be undroppable, especially when he's not on top form... but he's one of the least of our problems.

He's not the only player who isn't playing to the level he showed last season - Carragher, Skrtel, Riera, Kuyt, Gerrard... all are not playing to the level they should be.

I think Mascherano has picked up his game, but towards the beginning of the season, he was the same.

When you add to the fact injuries to other players such as Torres, Aurelio, Aquilani, plus Rafa's odd decisions - such as insisting on playing Lucas with Mascherano... it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see why we are struggling.

Kuyt shouldn't be singled out though. He's got his flaws, his form needs to improve and he shouldn't be undroppable, especially when he's not on top form... but he's one of the least of our problems.

Kuyt's form is exactly where it always is. It's not his performances that have dropped off.

Kuyt's form is exactly where it always is. It's not his performances that have dropped off.

Possibly. I think he's the type of player who plays better with more quality around him. That might be true for most players, but I think it is especially true for Kuyt as he isn't the type of player who can beat opposition players for fun and win games on his own with individual brilliance. He needs good movement around him and he'll play the right passes, as he does well when Torres and Gerrard are around him. This was highlighted against Arsenal when Johnson bombed forward running into the box and Kuyt fed him with a good pass.

He's efficient in possession, hard working off the ball and has very good movement. But the best thing about Kuyt is last season (and so far this season) is he's very productive. It seems he's off form, as we are struggling, but maybe that's down to the team more than him. However despite his impressive goals and assist stats, he shouldn't be undroppable, as at times we need more threat than he offers and if he's off form (as he was three years ago - when his father died) he shouldn't be in the team.

But I think we have far more problems that Kuyt and he shouldn't be singled out.

Possibly. I think he's the type of player who plays better with more quality around him. That might be true for most players, but I think it is especially true for Kuyt as he isn't the type of player who can beat opposition players for fun and win games on his own with individual brilliance. He needs good movement around him and he'll play the right passes, as he does well when Torres and Gerrard are around him. This was highlighted against Arsenal when Johnson bombed forward running into the box and Kuyt fed him with a good pass.

He's efficient in possession, hard working off the ball and has very good movement. But the best thing about Kuyt is last season (and so far this season) is he's very productive. It seems he's off form, as we are struggling, but maybe that's down to the team more than him. However despite his impressive goals and assist stats, he shouldn't be undroppable, as at times we need more threat than he offers and if he's off form (as he was three years ago - when his father died) he shouldn't be in the team.

But I think we have far more problems that Kuyt and he shouldn't be singled out.

He's a convenient scapegoat because of the "industrial" nature of his game. There are plenty of players that carry a far bigger burden of blame for our performances.

It is very very hard not to like Kuyt the person, but his performances this season have been truly awful, goals or no goals. His touch has always been clumsy but his passing ability now looks calamitous. Unless he has a red shirt stood 2 yards inside or outside of him, he seems to miss his intended target almost every time.

His stamina is impressive, no doubt - there was one point late in the game on Sunday where he closed down the defender on one side of the pitch, then the keeper who received the pass back and then the defender on the other side of the pitch who received the ball from the keeper. I'm knackered just watching him.

A useful talent, but surely not as useful as being able to contribute to the attacking play of your team. It's got to the stage now where every time we come forward with the ball, I am thinking 'please don't give it to Kuyt'.

How about Kuyt play RB and Johnson play RM? It actually seems that way sometimes.

Dont even tempt it mate, I am having nightmares already.

I got lampooned when I made my first post on here as it was in respect of the aformentioned Mr Kuyt.

However the original post is spot on Kuyt is shit, Rafa just doesn't get it, nothing we can do apart disagree as to how good or shit he is. I posted his stats recently and despite what everyone says they clearly show he is useless.

Someone mentioned Degen above, hes another fucking joker, at 10-25 grand a week or whatever hes on, I'd have fucking trained and trained and fucking trained to land that cross on the top of a fucking pin on Sunday with bullets flying round me.

The gozy twat nearly hit me in the kop last chance of game another fuck up from a player that just doesn't cut it.

I dont care much for the argument of not being able to get into a game, hes supposed to be a professional, he can fuck off aswell!

Kuyt is a terrible player. He certainly shouldn't be anywhere near a Liverpool first team. One of Benitez's biggest failings right there. He kills so much of our play in every game, and turns possession into panic defending. He scores the odd goal and scampers about (stupidly) a bit, but that in no way compensates for the damage his shortcomings have on the rest of the game. Poor.

As i have said and always saying Dirk is a vital player for us he just needs a rest.

I agree with this!

I'd like to see young Kelly when fit given the right back role and try Johnson on the wide right. He'd give us more pace than Kuyt, he can cross better than Kuyt, i reckon he'd contribute with more goals than Kuyt playing in that role. Now i know some will say Johnson isn't a winger, well neither is Kuyt.

And while he is rested, this is certainly worth looking at.