You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

don't make me have to google this fabulous babe myself - what is her tragic story ?

She is absolutely gorgeous, isn't she?

Sanchez's and my posts were a reference to the Nirvana song Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge On Seattle, in case you weren't aware of that.

Essentially, she had an abusive relationship with alcohol, was deemed to suffer from mental health problems and was institutionalised on more than one occason, suffering the full range of 1940s treatments for such ailments. I think a lot of her problems were due to her shunning the then-conventional idea of how a star should behave; she didn't have much time for the Hollywood bullshit machine and didn't get the fullfilment from her career that she was probably entitled to expect, which in turn increased her reliance on alcohol and her descent into mental illness.

Basically, I don't think the world was ready for someone like her to be a major star - these days, her behaviour would pale into insignificance compared to the likes of Lindsey Lohan and Britney Spears but in the age of the Hollywood scandal sheet, she didn't have a hope..

There's a halfway decent biography here

and a cracking tune here:

[YOUTUBE]5wev8W9PDAg[/YOUTUBE]

Guest ian garro
She is absolutely gorgeous, isn't she?

Sanchez's and my posts were a reference to the Nirvana song Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge On Seattle, in case you weren't aware of that.

Essentially, she had an abusive relationship with alcohol, was deemed to suffer from mental health problems and was institutionalised on more than one occason, suffering the full range of 1940s treatments for such ailments. I think a lot of her problems were due to her shunning the then-conventional idea of how a star should behave; she didn't have much time for the Hollywood bullshit machine and didn't get the fullfilment from her career that she was probably entitled to expect, which in turn increased her reliance on alcohol and her descent into mental illness.

Basically, I don't think the world was ready for someone like her to be a major star - these days, her behaviour would pale into insignificance compared to the likes of Lindsey Lohan and Britney Spears but in the age of the Hollywood scandal sheet, she didn't have a hope..

There's a halfway decent biography here

and a cracking tune here:

[YOUTUBE]5wev8W9PDAg[/YOUTUBE]

Once again, RoboRiise comes up with the goods, in every way.

I'd rep you if I could, you bastard.

A top piece of 80's minge, but it is horrific these days.

I can't decided if it was caused by a botched operation, or the hand speed and power of Segal. Or perhaps both

Looks like Pete Burns after a crate of pasties.

kelly_lebrock_today.jpg

Now that's Weird fucking Science.

tamm12.jpg

Not the sexiest shot and this could just be a pesonal thing, (my dad fucking loved Doctor Who and I was a kid at the time so she pretty much set the archetype for the type of bird I go for), But Mary Tamm gets a vote from me.

Well, if you're talking Doctor Who....

leela2.jpg

Gene Tierney

genetierney0.th.jpg

genetierney.th.jpg

genetierney2.th.jpg

Amazing life story:

In June 1943, while pregnant with her first daughter (Daria), Tierney contracted rubella during her only appearance at the Hollywood Canteen. Daria was born prematurely in Washington, D.C., weighing only three pounds, two ounces (1.42 kg) and requiring a total blood transfusion. Because of Tierney's illness, Daria was also deaf, partially blind with cataracts and had severe mental retardation. Tierney's grief over the tragedy led to many years of depression and may have begun her bipolar disorder. Some time after the tragedy surrounding her daughter Daria's birth, Tierney learned from a fan who approached her for an autograph at a tennis party that the woman (who was then a member of the women's branch of the Marine Corps) had sneaked out of quarantine while sick with rubella to meet Tierney at her only Hollywood Canteen appearance. In her autobiography, Tierney related that after the woman had recounted her story, she just stared at her silently, then turned and walked away. She wrote, "After that I didn't care whether ever again I was anyone's favorite actress." Biographers have theorized that Agatha Christie used this real life tragedy as the basis of her plot for The Mirror Crack'd from Side to Side.[39][40][41] The incident, as well as the circumstances under which the information was imparted to the actress, is repeated almost verbatim in the story.