You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool FC...

Kopite

The flow of negativity that's been streaming from the press, our support and the players over the last few months has led to this being one of my lowest points as a supporter. There's been events at the club that have been far more important and that have caused incomparable levels of sadness but, the way things are at the moment, the nature of our predicament, I've begun to question a lot of things. I feel like my belief in the cause has been a false belief. Not that my support is fradulent but that the cause itself is a lie; what it was supposed to mean to be a Red, the philosophical fabric of our fanbase, our solidarity exposed as a great big, dirty lie.

We've got fans turning on each other, ex players slagging off the manager in the press, current players allegedly doing it, a pair of owners that are in it for themselves getting away with it all whilst we pile into one another. It seems like everyone is in it for their own personal glory. Objectively, we've had lower points than this but we seem to be ripping ourselves apart, quick to assert our opinion, slow to consider the consequences of our collective actions. Our football club feels like it's dying and, if we're honest with ourselves, we can blame Gillett and Hicks as much as we like, but we're guilty in other ways. Where the fuck's the solidarity in times of trouble? We're supposed to be different compared to fans of other clubs but we're not, we're just like every other generic, sky generation band of fuckwits who seek quick solutions to difficult problems because they lack the patience and the forethought to consider the implications of their collective demands.

You'll Never Walk Alone? A sentimental lie. It means nothing, it's just a song but, to me, it meant something, I sang the words growing up and I meant them, I still do, but too many people are paying lip service to our past. It's usually the same ones that demand we're successful like we used to be which is quite an irony. We didn't become successful because of some magical event, we earned it, hard fucking work, patience, planning, belief in the plan and the capacity to execute it. It'll never be like that now, though, because when the path becomes a little bit tough, people shit their kecks and ask for a better map. When they get the map, they have to begin the journey afresh but, as soon as the new journey becomes a bit difficult, they once again shit their kecks and ask for a new map, over and over and over they repeat this fruitless process, seeking better, more pleasurable conditions. Rather than attempting to find the courage to walk on through the storm in the hope that the outcome is one worth fighting for, they seek shelter from the storm in a refuge that is worse than the storm they were heading into. Just thought I'd add my little bit of negativity to the problem. Fuck blame, stand and fucking fight.

I think the above is very good myself.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the above is very good myself.

Spot on post.

We almost won the league last year on the back of 4 years of steady growth.

It's gone tits up and now a bunch of fans want out.

I've just realised. A section of our fan base is Roy Keane. First sign of real trouble and then want out.

Spot on post.

We almost won the league last year on the back of 4 years of steady growth.

It's gone tits up and now a bunch of fans want out.

I've just realised. A seciton of our fan base is Roy Keane. First sign of real trouble and then want out.

it's been shit for a long, long time. Not just this season.

Open your eyes.

Proper fan?

When was the last time you went to Anfield?

Last game of last season.

I then gave up my share in a season ticket as I refuse to go back to the ground under the current ownership.

Hope that's ok and I've passed some kind of test?

And I was having a go at someone been called a superfan just because they feel they want to stand behind the manager in a really tough time and feel others shoudl too.

Doesnt make an ounce of differnce if you go or dont go the game. Doesnt affect how you feel. Or maybe it does if you listen to the Main Stand Moaners to make your judgements.

Er, yeah it does actually. It makes a massive difference.

Match going fans are the ones who can actually help influence the team - positively or negatively. They're involved in a manner that's above just sitting round and talking about it. They're actually interacting.

And it DOES affect how you feel. Massively.

Try telling somebody who's trecked all the way to Middlesborough or Spurs, and watched us put in an abject performance, that they should feel exactly the same way about the shit they've just witnessed as someone who has sat at home and watched it on the tele or listened to it on the radio!!!

Match going fans, quite rightly, feel that they're owed something as they've put a lot more in. They've actually got a vested interest; time, money and real effort.

Non match-going fans don't have that. They just have the emotional bond.

I'm not criticising fans who don't make it to the match, that's their perogative, and there are always reasons for that. But to say there's no difference in feeling between match going fans and match-going fans is just fucking stupid. It's world's apart.

Didn't mean you Johnny, but I was someone who backed Ged for too long as well by the way.

As did I. But I never had the unblinding faith in Houllier. I've never had it in Rafa either and never went in for the "In Rafa we trust" stuff after Istanbul.

I just feel that there have been too many things that I have seen that would allow me to think that replacing Rafa would in any way benefit us.

I think we, as fans, are expecting to much from the club as I don't think any manager in world football could win the title with us.

We need to spend top top dollar on 2 or 3 top top players that will allow us to get by with an injury to Torres or Gerrard and for proper top level wingers.

While we still have to shop in the 2nd or 3rd tear of the transfer market, we simple will not be good enough to win a title.

I genuinly feel that letting Rafa go, under the curent ownership, would be the final nail in the coffin and we would dissapear down the league.

If we got new owners with deep pockets, then I think Rafa would win us the title.

I respect what you're saying, but is it not likely that many other managers could also win us a title with deep enough pockets? I've said enough times on here that I'm not ready to replace Rafa yet, but it won't take too many more rubbish results or performances before I am, because I'm starting to wonder how many managers would have us in this slump with a squad which barring one player had us challenging for the title last season.

I do think the injuries should have us off the pace, but I don't think the collapse should be this pronounced. You look at other top four sides and how they cope with injuries, and they don't completely forget how to play football or stop wanting to be on the pitch. You can say the same about us last season when there were periods with Gerrard and Torres out, but we still only posted two league losses in thirty eight games.

Something much, much deeper is broken.

The bad form has gone on for far too long now. I lost faith a while back in Rafa leading us to the title, now I've pretty much lost faith that he can get us qualified for the Champions League next season. If this goes on unarrested, I may have to adjust that down to failing to get into Europe at all.

I understand that. As I said a few weeks back, if Rafa fails to deliver CL football for next year then, as long as the right person is there to take over, then we may have to look at getting rid.

It’s the 12 threads after every game regardless of result, saying the same thing that is pointless.

I don't need anyone telling me in an overall condescending tone, that I should support the side differently.

Fuck me....How shit can we actually get without someone going...'Shit we might actually have a problem with Rafa here'

I hope you never EVER join in with out anthem then - that would be far too hypocritical if you did wouldn't it?

I think the least plausible reason for keeping him is he could win with more money. As said, alot of gaffs could.

IMO it comes down to two things.

Do you like his style, cuz it aint gonna change regardless of who the players are and can the man identify then develop young players at the level we need?

My feelings are no and no.

Tired of watching tentative, negative tactics and 5 years is a long time to not bring a single quality youngster through. There was not a single player in our ranks 5 years ago who could have been groomed and succeeded?! Cant find one during that time to make a splash?