You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jesus Christ... Klinsmann on German TV live

Guest Pistonbroke

Does saying you don't want someone as manager equate to not giving them a chance if they were signed then? I don't want Klinsmann here, but in the hypothetical situation that he became our manager I would judge him on performances and results as I do with every manager.

Your a better man than me

He would have to earn my support after what he did to Rafa on TV on Wednesday night.

He should just have said Rafa is Useless and I want his job.

I am sorry but having that type of person as Manager of our club trying to get our current manager sacked so he can have the job Gillett (my opinon) give him the job he promissed him is not acceptable.

Given time and results I would probably come round to the idea.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Rafa's forced out and Klinsman came in - it would be nothing more than what the gutless boring whinging tiresome ignorant nomarks who revel in their visceral hatred of our manager fucking deserve.

They don't possess an ounce of class - they really ought to go support some other club.

They couldn't contribute any worthwhile observations to any relevant debate re LFC if they tried.

maybe getting JK is the best thing that could happen to our supporters?

im sick of our managers being treated like gods after one cup success.itd be a refreshing change to see a manager have to do something great (ie win a league title and/or consistently be in the hunt until april) to then gain our trust and god like reputation.

If Rafa's forced out and Klinsman came in - it would be nothing more than what the gutless boring whinging tiresome ignorant nomarks who revel in their visceral hatred of our manager fucking deserve.

They don't possess an ounce of class - they really ought to go support some other club.

They couldn't contribute any worthwhile observations to any relevant debate re LFC if they tried.

thats half of our supporters................or maybe the other pro rafa half should join some suicide bombing middle east religion were they dont question anything there leader says?

im sick of our managers being treated like gods after one cup success.itd be a refreshing change to see a manager have to do something great (ie win a league title and/or consistently be in the hunt until april) to then gain our trust and god like reputation.

There's probably a little truth in that (the treated like Gods bit), but you are seriously underestimating the achievement Istanbul was.

That was "something great".

maybe getting JK is the best thing that could happen to our supporters?

I share a lot of your concerns and want Rafa replaced but please dont belittle 2005

Leverkusen

Juventus

Chelsea

AC Milan

That is some fucking achievement especially with the team we had then.

I share a lot of your concerns and want Rafa replaced but please dont belittle 2005

Leverkusen

Juventus

Chelsea

AC Milan

Don't forget needing to score three in the last group game to get through, after going 1-0 down.

Leverkusen

Juventus

Chelsea

AC Milan

Yes it was. And let's not forget that our manager had a huge part to play in all of that.

Don't forget needing to score three in the last group game to get through, after going 1-0 down.

How can I forget that, shades of St Etiene or St Steven if you like.

In fact I remember it like it was yesterday and whilst the Blackburn game was on I went to my Norweigan mates wedding who was with me there that night with the lovely Tatiana behind the bar, but thats another story!. We spent some remembering that magical night.

Its what makes football so great and its how I want to remember Rafa not like it is now.

Based on that, I think we should go for Bin Laden.

Good one mate - ha ha!!

No the thing is that JK is a man who puts JK first - like most people tbh - and with the wealth he must have accumulated over the years why shouldn't he. He wanted to mastermind Germanys world cup bid when they were the host country when living in Los Angeles wasn't it. He came to TH and professed instant love but a year later Bayern came in and as they were from his homeland and alledgedly his 'first love' he left. No probs - that was his right really and later he did return to Spurs so he must have thought something of them but....

I can't see him developong into a 'Liverpool person' - heck from his attitude he'd take a lot of persuading to live anywhere near the place!! and then if he came and lets say for arguments sake he does alright he seems the type who would walk away if he got a better offer.

No I do not feel he is the man for us if Rafa does go - and I have not said so on the thread - but all I have said and will say is that if he did come I would start off by being totally positive - from reading some of the posts on here that may not be able to be guarenteed from all quarters.

Good one mate - ha ha!!

No the thing is that JK is a man who puts JK first - like most people tbh - and with the wealth he must have accumulated over the years why shouldn't he. He wanted to mastermind Germanys world cup bid when they were the host country when living in Los Angeles wasn't it. He came to TH and professed instant love but a year later Bayern came in and as they were from his homeland and alledgedly his 'first love' he left. No probs - that was his right really and later he did return to Spurs so he must have thought something of them but....

I can't see him developong into a 'Liverpool person' - heck from his attitude he'd take a lot of persuading to live anywhere near the place!! and then if he came and lets say for arguments sake he does alright he seems the type who would walk away if he got a better offer.

No I do not feel he is the man for us if Rafa does go - and I have not said so on the thread - but all I have said and will say is that if he did come I would start off by being totally positive - from reading some of the posts on here that may not be able to be guarenteed from all quarters.

I can't say my expectations would be positive, I don't think he's qualified for the job myself but then I suppose that depends on what the "job" is in this context. As I've mentioned before, I think the owners have very different targets in mind for the next few seasons than you, me and the rest of the fans.

I'd have to get behind him if they brought him in, he'd be our manager and we desperately need to get our season back on track. That said, he'd have an uphill battle to win me over - he does seem to be agitating somewhat and trying to talk your way into another man's job is rather cuntish. Even if he's just stirring it for laughs, it says he doesn't give two fuchs about the club because we need that like a hole in the head right now.

Liverpool's Tom Hicks tells Jurgen Klinsmann: You will never manage Reds - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks has told Jurgen Klinsmann he will NEVER manage Liverpool.

The Anfield hierarchy have been stunned by the German's recent attempts to undermine Rafa Benitez and offer himself up as the perfect replacement.

Klinsmann, who was sounded out about succeeding Benitez two years ago when the Spaniard was embroiled in a dispute with the club's two American owners, gave a damning assessment of Liverpool's team on a Champions League television show.

He followed that up with a newspaper interview in Germany in which he claimed he could be Anfield-bound next summer.

And when Sunday Mirror Sport asked Hicks whether Klinsmann would ever be considered as a future Liverpool manager, his reply was an emphatic: "Never."

Hicks added: "I don't know what his (Klinsmann's) motives are."

Benitez, who is less than 12 months into a five-year contract, has been told he has the full support of Liverpool's owners despite an early Champions League exit and six Premier League defeats this season.

Klinsmann, 45, forged himself a reputation as one of the game's best up-and-coming coaches when he took Germany to the 2006 World Cup semi-finals.

He was an advocate of attacking football and his personality and communication skills helped him become a popular global figure.

The following year, with Benitez's future in doubt following a power struggle with Liverpool's then chief executive Rick Parry, he was approached by Gillett as a possible replacement.

Klinsmann met with Gillett, Hicks and Parry in the United States but, once the crisis at Anfield had ended, he was appointed coach of Bayern Munich.

His reign in Bavaria lasted less than a season and Benitez has since viewed his attempts to undermine him at Liverpool with as much amusement as derision given the way he was dumped by Bayern.

And when Sunday Mirror Sport asked Hicks whether Klinsmann would ever be considered as a future Liverpool manager' date=' his reply was an emphatic: "Never."

Hicks added: "I don't know what his (Klinsmann's) motives are."[/quote']

well fuck me if thats true then i'd never thought i hear myself saying it but for once Hicks actually said the right thing!!! But time will tell if he actually means it...