You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thomo getting shirty then on Soccer Saturday

Section_31

Just mentioned it in the Weekends other games thread. Was boss.

He's deffo gonna have a quiet word in his ear later. Jeff Stelling has learnt the snide ways of Le Tissier, Merson an co over the past year or so.

Love to see Thommo twat him live on air though!!

He was pissed off earlier. The exchange went like this

Stelling: Some snide remark about us out of nowhere.

Thommo: "I know it's YOUR show but there was no need for that. It was totally uncalled for Jeff."

He had a face like thunder and was proper pissed off.

I don't watch it much these days because it's shite, but there's been an undercurrent there on occasion, they wind him up thinking he's going to take it on the chin and sometimes he looks like he's going to go postal, Stelling does it all the more then though.

I feel sorry for Thommo on there. He's basically being ganged upon a bunch of Liverpool haters on there and Paul Merson.

Thommo: "I know it's YOUR show but there was no need for that. It was totally uncalled for Jeff."

Does anyone know what the snide remark was?

Does anyone know what the snide remark was?

Only briefly caught it but it was something about us "losing every week". The was discussing Klinsmann/Souness/Benitez. Jeff was commenting on their rcords, Thommo said something and the reply was something along the lines of the above.

Thommo weren't happy.

How much of it is genuine though and how much of it is a wind up I wonder? If I was stuck on that desk for six hours I'd probably try and find as many ways to amuse myself as possible, including tryin to get a rise out of the guests. And let's face it, when it comes to Thomo and Liverpool, it's like clockwork isn't it?

How much of it is genuine though and how much of it is a wind up I wonder? If I was stuck on that desk for six hours I'd probably try and find as many ways to amuse myself as possible, including tryin to get a rise out of the guests. And let's face it, when it comes to Thomo and Liverpool, it's like clockwork isn't it?

Thommo usually laughs it off though but this time he was fuming. He was genuinely pissed off and Stelling gave a nervous little laugh and changed the subject.

Thommo usually laughs it off though but this time he was fuming. He was genuinely pissed off and Stelling gave a nervous little laugh and changed the subject.

Agreed given a little later when Thommo was talking about the record of them 2 ain't that good. He went, dead sarcastically, "oh yeah that's dead good ain't it!", followed by "Well it's your show ain't it Jeff?".

Or words to that effect.

I couldnt bite my lip if i was him,he was also saying souness was haveing a pop, mostly at the owners and not benitez think we need mor ex players to have the balls to say something instead of collecting there free tickets,even charlie nicholas had a go at them two cunts,why does the media have it in for us,for fuck sake we are a decent club and not arrogant like some others

I feel sorry for Thommo on there. He's basically being ganged upon a bunch of Liverpool haters on there and Paul Merson.

Dont feel too sorry for him as I dont suppose he does it for free. I think he just ends up looking like a clown there for their amusement, the man has lost his dignity.

Thompson was great; he talked total sense this morning when he was setting them straight about the owners and them taking the piss out of our club.

He got really pissed off when they were trying to claim that Klinsmann and Souness did have good management records and he basically just followed Rafa's lead, replying to them sarcastically.

It's all good fun mostly. They only wind up Thommo because he's an easy target and they know they'll get a reaction.

Don't really agree.

Maybe I (and many other Reds like me) am paranoid but what it seems like to us is that many in the media - and especially some of those on that show - take delight in not just criticising us a team but in laughing at us - and for me thats out of order. They do not do it about Arsenal for Merson and Nicholas or S'ton for MLT or even Stelling for Hartlepool so why is it OK to do it for Liverpool?

Obviously our club is not doing well at present and questions can legitimately be asked about that and I have no problem with that, but footy on the box should be unbiased and certainly a lot of it is not with countless assertions made about our club which are often unchallenged and which are just plain lies.

I do have time for Stelling despite this, as he is good at what he does and his football knowledge is legendary but imo he has definitely been affected by the anti Liverpool slant in so much of the media. I hope Thommo continues to appear tho as without him they'd get away with even more.

PS Did anyone see Peter Hooton on Soccer am? - got a lot of respect for him and it was nice to see a sensible voice on TV talking about LFC - I know many of you slate that prog but I must admit I usually watch it as I regard it is as harmless fun when slouching arouind on a Saturday morning.

I love Phil Thompson

I don't. I can't forget the part he played in helping Houllier drive Robbie Fowler out of the club and trying to turn the fans against one of our greatest modern day players.

Soccer Saturday was a far better show when it was Thompson, George Best, Frank McLintock and Rodney Marsh. They'd wind each other up a bit, but it never seemed to go as far as it does now and it was done in good humour. I can't stand Merson (thick) or Charlie Nicholas (bitter), Matt Le Tissier doesn't really do it for me either and I think Stelling has let the praise from his early days go to his head a bit. All in all the show is nowhere near as good as it used to be.