You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Weekends other games

Rex Banner

Guest the boy

People can drone on and on about Ferguson being the great motivator, and they've more than enough excuses to, but I can't for the life of me see what he can get out of a 16 that includes Gibson, Brown, Park, Owen, Valencia, Nani, Anderson, Berbatov, Giggs and Scholes. Not over a 50 game season. Their home record has been their rock for the past three seasons, but even there they've looked extremely shaky this season. Arsenal, Bolton and City were all more than able of getting something there.

Get our fittest side out and playing regularly from now on and we'll see where it takes us. No comparison between ourselves and the Mancs, man for man.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Get in! I know a lot of people are worried because Villa are now 5 points ahead of us but i'm with 05Milan; aim high and see where that gets us.

I'm hardly confident, given our performances so far this season, but hopefully today may give us the kick up the arse we need and we'll come out fighting like we did in last season's run-in?

The Mancs have now lost four games, Chelsea have lost three, it's crazy really.

Tomorrow is huge. I hope we don't react to today's excellent results by going into our shells; we need to come out fighting and chase the three points rather than being content with one and hoping for a goal.

Yup, all guns blazing. Bully them from the first whistle. I want to be 1-0 in the first 15 minutes. This is your chance Rafa, fucking grab it. Go for it!

I'd rather focus on that than being worried about Villa and Spurs. A good performance and a win tomorrow, and I'll be damned if I don't conclude that the title is back fucking on.

Its not as if we are playing fantasy football and mullering every fucking team in site. We've been shit so far this season. I admire your optimism and I'll hold my hands up if we get back in the title race but we wont.

Anyone going to be watching the Spanish footie later? Barca derby and Real against Valencia. Should be good.

Thanks, might check out Barca. I'd watch Xabi for the first time at Real but can't if Barca are playing at the same time. Messi is out with his ankle too apparently, sucks.

Yup, all guns blazing. Bully them from the first whistle. I want to be 1-0 in the first 15 minutes. This is your chance Rafa, fucking grab it. Go for it!

Jim (Real Red) asked me on another thread a few days ago about what i'd like to see Rafa do differently, and this is a perfect example.

Fuck Lucas off for tomorrow, get Aquilani playing and give us the chance of keeping the ball and winning the game.

Guest davelfc

You just know villa will choke a little later in the season, just as they always do.

So it's a GREAT result for us (not in a bitter way) as today has held chelsea and the mancs back, spurs too but they're not going to be up there long.

Tomorrow we have a chance to hold back another contender and make points on all the big teams. Now let's grab that chance.

Ian, I think you need to calm down, obsessions with other clubs results wont help you.

I'm not obsessed with other team's results, first and foremost ours are more important. As i've said, these results today will mean nothing if we don't win tomorrow so that is now a must, for me.

Good set of results should spur both us and arsenal on as the gap is closing at the top and both utd and Chelsea look lickely to drop more points over ther coming weeks. We just need to concentrate on one game at a time and see were we are in the new year, I expect us to be within 6 points by new year.

Its not as if we are playing fantasy football and mullering every fucking team in site. We've been shit so far this season. I admire your optimism and I'll hold my hands up if we get back in the title race but we wont.

What can I say, my insanity keeps me sane.

I'm still waiting for us to hit top gear, and it will happen eventually. With Gerrard and Torres back I have every reason to hope that the time has come.

Sorry to put a dampner on everybody joyful scenes(and we call other fans bitter)

But that's a terrible result for Liverpool

Comes to something when some of us are worried about Villa. I think they will drop a shitload of points in the second half of the season, they always do. I also think we will get better sooner or later. Not going to stop myself enjoying the Mancs losing at home out of fear of Villa.

Guest davelfc
Why are people laughing at them losing at home to Villa? We did.

Because they did.

And nobody laughed when we did, there were probably several hissy fits and two 'should we sack rafa?' polls.

Guest Dog Chaser

Obviously made up about Man u losing but slightly tainted because its another 3 points for Villa. With Spurs and City dropping points a win against Arsenal will massive.

I think all te people who are saying villa will drop a load of points need to get a reality check.

Were flying are we not were going to win 12 on the trot now.

Get a grip, villa not Man Utd are our rivals.

We've been shit, I've said so any number of times, but I'm not worried about Villa, they're shitter. Tell you what we'll see at the end of the season if Villa manage to finish above us. I'll even have a little action with you with the winnings going to the HJC if you like.