You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The goal you grew up with

Stephen Adams.

Partly to lift the gloom around here and partly because I've been dicking around Youtube all night since Leverkusen shagged my bet before it had even got off the ground, I thought I'd start a thread about great goals you remember from when you were a young 'un.

Personally, I'm 25, so Carlos Alberto's goal from 1970 and Maradona's "turns like a little eel" goal from 86 are before my time, but I'd like to know what are the goals that people on this forum will remember forever.

For me

[YOUTUBE]iqGjx5Uki90[/YOUTUBE]

Guest PurpleNose

[YOUTUBE]jzZ0k8fZZTg[/YOUTUBE]

I was 11. I played right wing as well. I idolised Macca. I used to attempt to knock the ball round the fullback and run the other side of him at every opportunity when I played.

Guest ShoePiss

I was 11. I played right wing as well. I idolised Macca. I used to attempt to knock the ball round the fullback and run the other side of him at every opportunity when I played.

I was at that game, class.

For me the '86 season really sticks out, Dalglish scoring at Stamford Bridge or Rushie in the cup final against Everton.

His first or second goal, here's his second and Liverpool's third

[YOUTUBE]-wqYJsLoXW4[/YOUTUBE]

Partly to lift the gloom around here and partly because I've been dicking around Youtube all night since Leverkusen shagged my bet before it had even got off the ground, I thought I'd start a thread about great goals you remember from when you were a young 'un.

Personally, I'm 25, so Carlos Alberto's goal from 1970 and Maradona's "turns like a little eel" goal from 86 are before my time, but I'd like to know what are the goals that people on this forum will remember forever.

For me

Thats my answer as well. I couldn't believe my eyes when that went in. He was my favourite player in world football. The only man who I hold in higher esteem than even Stevie. What a legend. What a goal.

Bollocks! I'm in work and can't view any of these.

Some of the most memorable for me are;

Rush in the cup final, scores right in the corner and takes out the little cameras behind the net.

Can't remember who it was against, a London club I think. Rush is clear through takes the ball on his thigh and lifts it over the stranded keeper.

Hristo Stoichkov In the 94 world cup against Germany. Not the most amazing goal you'll ever see but the build up play, short quick passing and one touch football is a joy to watch. The ball is cut back to Stoichkov and instead of smashing it like most forwards would he simply side foots the ball back in the direction from where it had came and left the keeper looking a tit.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Mario Kempes' 2 goals v Holland in 78' WC final, particularly the 2nd. Kempes was probably the first non-Liverpool player that I really idolised as a kid, even though I only really saw him play over those 3-4 weeks of that world cup. He seemed almost super human to me. Really liked his strike partner, Luque, too, but he was very much Robin to Kempes' Batman.

Guest Pistonbroke

Getting old is a terrible thing, lots of distant memories which are hard to remember. To many goals to try and remember as well. Terry McDermott's deft turn and chip v Everton in a cup Semi final was a cracker. Steve Heighway's winner v Leeds in 74 for the pure fact it was the first goal i had seen live at a game.

That goal sums up everything I don't know about football. In my memory Macca had had a stinker that night and I was calling him to fuck as he picked it up and went past the first player. Even as he got to within 40 yards I was screaming at him to pass it and then slit his own throat. By the time he scored I was kissing the telly and telling my girlfriend how I knew he would do it and that he was the best player in the world.

That's why all these Rafa in/out threads are a waste of keystrokes. It's a game of opinion that has a billion possible outcomes every minute and and none of us keyboard warriors has a fucking clue.

For me

Yep. That's the moment for me as well. The best goal I've ever seen from the best player I've ever seen.

Magic.