You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

peeG.. Well done lad, seems to be getting a lot of support for this direct action across all forums, i think there will be thousands on the next one.

I hope so, because next time they will either try to get in quieter or the Police will be more prepared. Either way we need to be more prepared and that goes to knowing where they are as well. Will probably be harder to find out when they are over here in future.

Something like this needed doing ages ago, but as others have said at least its started now.

Just a point tho and i don't know if it's feasible or not but what is stopping the cunts from chatering a helicopter and getting dropped off inside the ground and billing the club?

If they do do that then that will speak volumes. Don't think the groundsmen would like it either.

On doing this ages ago, I know probably TLW more than any other forum feels this and I would agree as an individual, but when we are planning something you have to do something that steps up from the previous action and or something that will get the support. We had about 50 that turned up at the Solly at 12. Luckily those numbers grew. If they didn't it wouldn't have worked yesterday and therein lies the problem with planning anything as I said above. No use planning something that we know wont get the support because it wont do us any favours. Hopefully people will see we were successful with this and join us next time.

If they do do that then that will speak volumes. Don't think the groundsmen would like it either.

On doing this ages ago, I know probably TLW more than any other forum feels this and I would agree as an individual, but when we are planning something you have to do something that steps up from the previous action and or something that will get the support. We had about 50 that turned up at the Solly at 12. Luckily those numbers grew. If they didn't it wouldn't have worked yesterday and therein lies the problem with planning anything as I said above. No use planning something that we know wont get the support because it wont do us any favours. Hopefully people will see we were successful with this and join us next time.

Would they give two shits about the groundsman? I believe they will/would do it as they are both chicken shits but stubborn cunts too.

I understand your problem with numbers but I truely believe that with more direct action ealier you would have had more support by now. Also SOS need to make getting rid of these cunts its numer 1 priority. Forget fan ownership of the club or anything else, that can be addressed further down the line.

The SOS website doesn't even state getting rid of these cunts as one of its aims.

The leaflets even though we only gave out around the 5000 mark yesterday had a better impact yesterday to a lot who were giving them out compared to ever before. Because of this we would intend to do them again

On my way to pick my ticket up (I left the shankly gates about 3) I took about 100-150 and handed them out through Stanley Park. Basically everyone I gave one to seemed to be interested and started reading through when they walked off.

Something like this needed doing ages ago, but as others have said at least its started now.

Just a point tho and i don't know if it's feasible or not but what is stopping the cunts from chatering a helicopter and getting dropped off inside the ground and billing the club?

That would be a safety hazard, I don't think they'd be allowed to touchdown in that area due to the potential risk to people.

I reckon that they'll just show up very early.

That would be a safety hazard, I don't think they'd be allowed to touchdown in that area due to the potential risk to people.

I reckon that they'll just show up very early.

What risk is there getting dropped off at 12 for a 3 o'clock kick off? Like I said I don't know for definate if it is feasible but they would have the added bonus of fucking us over even more by billing it to the club. then you get Hicks on sky sports news telling everyone we have less money to spend on players as these fans are making them spend money on helicopters.

Would they give two shits about the groundsman? I believe they will/would do it as they are both chicken shits but stubborn cunts too.

I understand your problem with numbers but I truely believe that with more direct action ealier you would have had more support by now. Also SOS need to make getting rid of these cunts its numer 1 priority. Forget fan ownership of the club or anything else, that can be addressed further down the line.

The SOS website doesn't even state getting rid of these cunts as one of its aims.

From working with the SOS since February I really don't think that would be the case with direct action. Plus it could be a chuck your eggs in the one basket scenario and you get a situation at United were they have been ripped off and loads have left and given up STs. Something like only 12,000 ST holders remain that were there before the Glazers.

On the aims point that had to be removed when we became regulated by the FSA. Couldn't refer to them in that way in our aims, but is what is meant by - To hold whoever owns the football club to account. It is our main aim, but it doesn't stop us from working on other things as well.

On my way to pick my ticket up (I left the shankly gates about 3) I took about 100-150 and handed them out through Stanley Park. Basically everyone I gave one to seemed to be interested and started reading through when they walked off.

Which makes an impact. Educate and inform 100 extra people and its a success. If those people then talk to others then it is an even bigger success. A lot who go the match are aware the owners are bad, but don't realise the full consequences. They just want to go the match, have a few drinks with their mates and go home at the end. Its what I would love to be able to do, but can't do that. So you can't blame them for that. So you give them a leaflet and talk to him, and some of them may join the union or even just join the next protest.

Problem is if you just keep to direct action, people will get bored if results don't come and you risk alienating more people and then you are left with nothing. That is why there always has to be that balance.

What risk is there getting dropped off at 12 for a 3 o'clock kick off? Like I said I don't know for definate if it is feasible but they would have the added bonus of fucking us over even more by billing it to the club. then you get Hicks on sky sports news telling everyone we have less money to spend on players as these fans are making them spend money on helicopters.

SSN "Why are you getting a helicopter Mr Hicks?"

Hicks "erm, because the fans don't like me"

Would not happen him coming out like that. Since his stupid interview with his LFC mug by the fire close to the hillsborough anniversary he has kept quiet so not to make things worse for himself.

Three Spirit of Shankly members arrested at Liverpool FC protest

Dec 15 2009 Liverpool Daily Post

THREE people were arrested during a protest against Liverpool’s American owners at Anfield on Sunday.

Up to 200 fans took part in the Spirit of Shankly demonstration outside all four corners of the stadium, ahead of the match against Arsenal.

A game of cat-and-mouse emerged from around 2pm, following rumours that both Tom Hicks and George Gillett would attend the fixture.

Angry supporters were keen to identify which vehicle could be transporting the two owners into the stadium to direct their frustrations towards them.

The protest was described by both the organisers and police as peaceful.

However, three people were arrested for public order offences.

Two of them were charged and another received a fine.

In the event neither of the owners went to the match, although Foster Gillett, who sits on the Liverpool board, was in the stands.

A spokesman for the Spirit of Shankly said: “We wanted to point out their continuing mismanagement and remind them they are not welcome here.”

Liverpool Daily Post.co.uk - Liverpool FC - Liverpool FC News - Three Spirit of Shankly members arrested at Liverpool FC protest

The Yank liar$ out one? I was the one holding that when we got told to move it, who were you?

Yes mate. That's my flag.

I was the big ginger lad... I was handing out flyers on the car park bit, so missed the stewards actually asking for it to be moved, but was told after.

Shortly after the first move we were told to move it another few feet so it's off club property.

I said to a few of the lads it was probably some rich arab prince with a billion in his arse pocket.

I think there was someone in the main stand car park anyway and told us it wasn't Foster, but as I said not sure who it was. Whoever it was, I hope they have told the owners what happened. Think what happened with it though, made the Police's decision about turning Tom Hicks around though.

I emailed a dallas newspaper sport reporter to tell him about what happened last sunday,anyway not expecting a reply but give the man his due he did ,he was saying he didnt think hicks was there and he is supportive of what we as fans are trying to do,i give him sos website to look at and ive emailed him again to see if he would do an article about how fans of liverpool fc are going to stop him watching his own team