You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been playing B spec since the start and you just have to made sure your driver has the best cars. My B spec driver is ranked higher than my A spec driver at the moment.

I have to start doing the special ones at the moment to level my A spec driver out as I do not have the money to buy better cars. This would be where the online play would be good as you could level up or earn money online rather than doing the same races over and over again.

Guest Scaramanga

If you use the birthday cheat and put your year of birth as 1970, you end up with the Chapparel 2D race car. If you've already done it, you can create a new PSN account and then give your car to yourself as a gift.

Haven't had the need to do it myself, my cars are the bollocks ;)

That XJ13 is about my favourite car on the game now right balance between speed and handling for my liking goes sideways but not in a style that will do it's damnedest to kill you like the 787B does. Rep to you for that one.

I'm starting from scratch with the game again, I rather foolishly had been ignoring B-Spec, I then started to play with it and realised that cars like the Yaris I had modded for A-spec then sold would have been highly useful so I am restarting and going to do the two in tandem.

Can't quite decide whether I actually like B-Spec mode or not yet.

And there I was thinking I hated the Top Gear test track special event. That would be because I hadn't tried the Nascar one, I'm on intermediate 3 of it, need a 0.13.200 and best I have done is a 0.13.216. There is surely no skill to this whatsoever it's just a case of sheer blind luck that you happen to manage to hold it on the line they want you on. I don't like Nascar in general which is why I had pretty much ignored it first time round.

Is that Nascar one on Daytona? I can't do that one myself. I've come close to putting the controller through the TV trying it.

I can't have the volume on when I do the Jeff Gordon events, his voice goes right through me.

It's the Daytona outside one, telly has nearly been launched. I only managed the first one by 0.00.001 of a second. I don't mind a challenge but this is really doing my head in.

As someone who is a motorsport man but hates Nascar it's extra annoying because I want it done and out of the way completely.

Been hunting on the net for tips for it and general consensus seems to be that a wheel is nigh on essential for it. I'm giving it 10 mins or so more and if I don't get it Jeff Gordon can go fuck himself.

It's the Daytona outside one, telly has nearly been launched. I only managed the first one by 0.00.001 of a second. I don't mind a challenge but this is really doing my head in.

As someone who is a motorsport man but hates Nascar it's extra annoying because I want it done and out of the way completely.

Been hunting on the net for tips for it and general consensus seems to be that a wheel is nigh on essential for it. I'm giving it 10 mins or so more and if I don't get it Jeff Gordon can go fuck himself.

The very same challenge that was doing my head in before I stopped playing the PS3 so I could upgrade my harddrive, damn you blue screw!!

The other thing that does me nut is the final race for the licences. I've got to International B I think, and I've lost count of how many times I've been disqualified due to someone else shunting me.

The very same challenge that was doing my head in before I stopped playing the PS3 so I could upgrade my harddrive, damn you blue screw!!

The other thing that does me nut is the final race for the licences. I've got to International B I think, and I've lost count of how many times I've been disqualified due to someone else shunting me.

Was just about to throw the towel in but I've finally managed it with a 0.13.195 gave it one last go after doing a 0.13.203 (that one nearly got the telly out the window). Did nothing different just obviously managed to get the line nearer to what they want.

The shunting thing was what was annoying me with the Top Gear tests, I was getting bumped all over the place but slightest nudge by me and I was getting disqualified. Got that to do again yet as I am starting over.

One more intermediate Nascar test to go and I have all gold on that level, which is Indy outside, if it's like the others have been I will probably be off outside on a killing spree by 8 o'clock.

That screw will be the end of you Al. It's taking some getting out!

Edit: Indianopolis Outside wasnt as bad, managed on my 6th attempt. Try to redo Top Gear next, so back to frustration and anger I expect.

Was just about to throw the towel in but I've finally managed it with a 0.13.195 gave it one last go after doing a 0.13.203 (that one nearly got the telly out the window). Did nothing different just obviously managed to get the line nearer to what they want.

The shunting thing was what was annoying me with the Top Gear tests, I was getting bumped all over the place but slightest nudge by me and I was getting disqualified. Got that to do again yet as I am starting over.

One more intermediate Nascar test to go and I have all gold on that level, which is Indy outside, if it's like the others have been I will probably be off outside on a killing spree by 8 o'clock.

That screw will be the end of you Al. It's taking some getting out!

You're going for the gold trophies, I was talking about bronze!

I shan't be defeated by a bloody screw, but at the same time, I'm not going to go mental getting the thing out. We'll, not intentionally....

I was getting Bronze within a couple of goes for the most part, it was the golds that had been pissing me off.

Just done the VW Campers on Top Gear, didn't seem as bad as before although only got 1st place on the way into Gambon (last corner). Sure the Lotus' will be a nightmare though still, I was really struggling big time with them first time round, couldn't even get a bronze on them last time.

I dunno how you can't manage the top gear test track races. Their line is so predictable and they leave hammerhead so wide open that you can take about 5 places just on that corner alone. Agree about the shunting though; been a few times were an AI driver has just veered into me on a corner when I'd beaten him to it fair & square and it disqualified me.

I am struggling though with 2 licenses. I think it's the 8th event on the last license. Trying to get an alfa romeo round suzuka or fuji or something but i can't get better than 3rd. That's one of only 2 bronzes I have left on the licenses but it's pissing me off. The other is the old ferrari race car round the tokyo street circuit. Again, can't get better than 3rd.

I've done them now Nick, it's always been just a tiny little mistake, I was constantly into 10th coming out of the first corner, 8th or 7th coming out of the second corner then 5th or 4th out of hammerhead. Then a tiny little nudge with the leader or 2nd place man and it was enough to get me disqualified. One run I was 2nd coming out of the follow through and the car in front span then hit me and I got disqualified!

Anybody done anything with the seasonal events thing yet? A lot of cash and xp to be had with those by the looks of things. I've only done the Fiat one so far as I have been all over for business today but the Fiat one is worth 15000xp and 200000 cash.

Which ones are they?

Which ones are they?

With the new update they are under the GT Lobby on the home screen for GT mode.

I'm started from scratch with the game and they have got me from level 14 to level 20.

The 1st you have to use a Fiat 500 but gives you 200,000CR and 15000XP for the win, then a Honda one which gives you 250,000CR and 25000XP, then Mazda RX-7 which is 300,000CR and 40000XP, Dodge Challenger with 750,000CR and 70000XP and finally Nissan GTRs (Skyline's and GTR's) which give 1,000,000CR and 100,000XP.

I've managed to do all of them apart from the GTR one which I've only managed 2nd in and left it last night as I was starting to get tired. Not really sure what combination of car and mods to use for that. Your only allowed a limited amount of power and weight on all of the events so you need to be careful when modifying.

With the Fiat for instance I think you can only do air filter and the window mod in terms of power and weight. I also did the clutch and flywheel etc.with the fixed height sports suspension and the close ratio gear box. You need to be lapping around in the 1:19s to catch the lead car by the end.

All of the seasonal bonus races have you starting in 12th and having to battle your way through to win them. Can only get the credits and XP once, i.e. you finish 1st you get the 1,000,000CR but finishing second only gives you 500,000. However if you finish 2nd first time you will only get the extra credits on top not the full million when you do eventually win it(if that makes sense, I may not have explained it too well).

Woohoo! Screwdriver turned up about 5 minutes ago, and my new harddrive has been fitted.

All I need to do now is let the PS3 format the drive, and then restore from my external.

The blue screw was no match for my new super awesome screwdriver.

The restore will take over 5 hours I reckon, so it can do that while I sleep.

Should be back on soon...

EDIT: Restore has just started, should be done by the time I wake up. If anyone notices me online, but I don't respond to any messages, I'm not ignoring you, I'm just not awake.

Another set of seasonal events up now. 2.5m CR and 250,000 XP to be gained.

I'm off out till this evening but planning on trying to batter this when I get back in, since restarting I've not been spending money unless something I really desperately want like the Delta Rally Car have appeared in the Used Dealers and trying to use prize cars to do any events so I don't have to spend any money modding.

Got 4.7m CR now so if I can get through all the new bonus races and get some of the existing races out of the way I can the Formula Gran Turismo (only waiting on XP reaching 24 for that one) and one of the Race Cars in the Online Dealership.