You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Got an email today from Play.com to say that GT5 has been posted out to me (I originally ordered it on 08/06/06!). Hopefully it'll turn up before the official release date.

Got the very same email today myself. Looking forward to this. It's been a long time coming. Bonus Stealth Cars....

Apparently GT5 has an install of 6gb rising to 10gb, taking 40-60 minutes. Installation isn't mandatory, although it does speed things up.

Must be a fucking huge game.

I have around 13Gb left on my PS3 HDD, old school 60Gb version, so I'm seriously considering buying a slim and transferring everything across. I have a partitioned external HDD plugged in with 250Gb set aside for the PS3, but you can't install onto the damned external device!!

I must take another system backup soon though, just to be on the safe side.

On a slightly related note, does anyone know what happens to the update data after installation of said update? On the PSP, you'd download the update, install it, and then delete the data you'd downloaded to save space. You were manually prompted at every step.

Is this the same on PS3? It just seems you're told about the update, download and install, then nothing beyond that. Does the update process include self deletion after install? I've never really looked into it myself, and was just wondering if anyone could shed any light on this before I go off and do some digging.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not just put a bigger hard drive in there? I did that to my 60gb, it's really easy.

It is something I have obviously also been considering, but when you're as clumsy as I am, even the most simple of tasks become far more difficult than they should be.

I don't know how many screws I've lost, and memory boards I've managed to break over the years.

I ordered this a few days ago for £26

It has better have been worth all this delay and isnt already outdated

One of the tales was that supposedly they had to redevelop a lot of the game because the delays had made some of it outdated and they had to start a lot of it from scratch. How accurate that is I don't know but I am fairly confident it's going to be ace.

One of the tales was that supposedly they had to redevelop a lot of the game because the delays had made some of it outdated and they had to start a lot of it from scratch. How accurate that is I don't know but I am fairly confident it's going to be ace.

5 years and $100m in the making. It's going to be fucking super ace. Shame I'm not really going to have time to play it when my copy arrives.... Too. Fucking. Busy.

I want a detailed review!

I won't have time for that.

I'm not convinced I'll have time for sleeping never mind reviewing.

More or less threatened with the sack this morning and first thought in my head was "gran turismo is out this week". Shows how much I hate my job when the threat of being sacked makes you think ooh more time to play gran turismo.

Keep us informed. Hoping my copy will be waiting for me when I get home.

I took about 35 mins to install. It then however would not work and stuck on one of the opening scences. I then uninstalled it and it worked. So I re installed and its working fine.

Just completed my national B license.

What's your first impressions then?

Spec A is just racing and is quite easy at first but I expect it to get harder the further you go.

Spec B is when you give a driver orders to help him win a race and could prove to be fun.

The karting is annoying as the slightest thing sends you off the track.

You should all know by now from my opinion of FIFA, PES and Black Ops that I'm a right picky bastard.

After sitting through the long install, doing my national B licence and completing several events on it, in my considered opinion it is fucking mega!

Was a little dubious doing licenses as it felt a bit unwieldy but I think thats down to the shit cars for some of the license tests.

Then I started racing and got well into it, done most of the first level of championships and the first two levels of the karting. The karts are really difficult to drive but cracking fun and should make for some entertaining racing if we can all get online with them.

Not tried many cars as I dived straight into a spec mode rather than trying cars in arcade, pug 106 with minimal mods will do the ff and euro cups dead easy.

Finished off in time trial mode with the F40 at Monaco as I wanted to experiment with manual change. It makes a huge difference, took about 10 seconds a lap off once I got used to using manual.

Only downsides as I can see so far is the top gear test track in the vw bus is very hard and very frustrating although I kept going back to it and the graphics although very good are a little disappointing but I put that down to my shit telly as I can't do HD on it. They are good just limited by my telly.

All in all very pleased with it and will be wasting huge amounts of time with it.

Yet to try online yet, but I need to be up at 6 so had to call it a night.

Can anyone confirm the space required on the HDD to install this beast? I'm running right low on disk space on the old PS3, so I'll have to be a little careful with what I install until I pull me finger out and get a new HDD.

I know Frankenhooker said it would be between 6Gb rising to 10Gb, but I was just wondering if there is a definitive figure for the initial install.

Can anyone confirm the space required on the HDD to install this beast? I'm running right low on disk space on the old PS3, so I'll have to be a little careful with what I install until I pull me finger out and get a new HDD.

It gives you the option to install data to the hd or not, 8GB it said when it asked me if I wanted to do it, it's purely a loading time thing by the look if things.

The patch download was 188mb if I remember rightly.

Went on mine ok but given I've only had the thing a couple if months now and only Black Ops and MW2 have had any serious use mine will be pretty much empty.

It gives you the option to install data to the hd or not, 8GB it said when it asked me if I wanted to do it, it's purely a loading time thing by the look if things.

The patch download was 188mb if I remember rightly.

Went on mine ok but given I've only had the thing a couple if months now and only Black Ops and MW2 have had any serious use mine will be pretty much empty.

Cheers. I'll be installing to the HDD, too impatient to wait for a disk to load.

I'm sure I've got 13Gb left on me HDD, so the initial install and inevitable first patch should be fine. I'll have to keep an eye on AC Brotherhood when I install that as well.