You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If we got an offer for Gerrard.......

Accerdome14

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not bullshit although Johnson has been a big threat going forward, we have conceded more goals this season than last. For England against far inferior teams Johnson has always been the weak link in the team. You have to look beyond your red-tinted glasses.

I don't wear glasses but it seems you need a pair if you think Johnson has been weak defensively.

He's been brilliant defensively and going forward.

I haven't read the responses yet, but you don't sell your best players. We need as many good players on that pitch, and Stevie is one of the best players in the world. This season he has been below par as he has been injured and probably playing on when he shouldn't. I think he will recapture his best form soon enough.

The caveat to all of this is that when the right offer comes in, nobody should be considered 'unsellable' and bigger than the club. The problem we have, of course, is that the owners would pocket the money (or a large portion of it) and give Rafa perhaps £20M to buy a replacement.

So, no way. Stevie should not be sold.

of about 40m do you think that it is good business to let him go?

Personally, I think it would be a good deal, Gerrard has been below par, this season and he isn't getting any younger for me I believe it would be a bigger loss to lose Torres than Stevie G so 40m would help with the finances of the club.

You sir are a knobhead

Guest Pistonbroke
Sorry if you look at the stats of late we are better with Torres than Gerrard rather than vice versa, so I am just talking about FACHTS.

I hope FACHTS is some crippling disease you have.