You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Positives

Carradona

1. We were unbeaten in our last 6 before tonights match. YAY!

2. Aquilani made his first start since signing.

3. There were two decent blonde birds sitting behind me at the match tonight.

Running out theere.

At least we are still in the Europa League and the select few can blame it on the owners and the injuries.

Viva la Rafa and his shitty fucking revolution. Let the good times roll!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wrote this out this morning and have only just got around to posting it. Along much the same lines except I maaged to leave bile and backbiting at the door, shame you couldnt.

I thought I’d try and note down the positives from yet another disappointing night last night. Some may well be clutching at straws a little…

1. Masherano played like it was a cup final, and showed that if Aquilani does come into the first team, he is a guaranteed starter alongside him

2. Gerrard played like Gerrard for the first time since coming back from injury

3. Gerrard has remembered how to take corners (plus his free kicks were as perfect as ever)

4. 90% of the deliveries into the box were excellent, just a shame we decide to play without anyone in the box for most of the game

5. Insua didn’t let his last performance in Florence get into his head and was generally sound defensively

6. Dossena played very well in the second half

7. There is a chance that anyone daft enough to buy Dossena might have missed the first half

8. My shoes have dried out

9. Torres looked sharp, which he often doesn’t for a few games after an injury

10. Pacheco looked very promising and showed a real promise and a great attitude

11. There is a chance that Gillett might have drowned, given the size of some of those puddles I walked through on the way back to the car

12. My hopes for Aquilani have been sent right back down to a reasonable level meaning he might actually surpass my expectation rather than failing to live up to my unfair hopes

13. No one got injured

Positive: Dossena had some decent crosses early in the first half and at least one of them should have resulted in a goal. Then my stream broke down...

are you classing your stream breaking down as a positive? you probably should.

Don't agree with Bob's 3 & 5, but nice to know you've turned, Cain. I'd like to put emphasis on Bob's 10. Pacheco looked brilliant when he came on.

maybe I am too kind to Insua as i really do think he can be a top player and desperately want him to be, so maybe have rose tinted specs on with him, but Gerrards corners were good i thought. Just a shame that we dont have a genuine attacking threat in the air without Sami.

I think I'd give Gerrard a 6/10 mark for his corners yesterday (which I admit is an improvement). His free-kicks are still second to none, but I'd very much rather see Yossi or whoever taking corners and Gerrard either putting his 6'2" self about in the box, or lurking for the knockdown.

As for Insúa, I'm a big fan, and think he can be brilliant, but there were too many times yesterday where he didn't commit enough, and looked like he was being too cautious for me.

doss' hair's boss

Doss was afraid that he'd be ridiculed for stealing Liverpool Lad's look.

Also, I saw Gillett getting out of his car in the Main Stand car park. He is absolutely tiny, I was shocked at how short he actually is. I saw Purslow too, he's another shorty. No wonder Tom Hicks always gets his way in the boardroom.

Why weren't SOS aware of this? With their plans for Tom Hicks on Sunday this would have been a perfect warm up.

The biggest positive for me was to see players on the pitch who actually went looking for ball when they didn't have it e.g. Gerrard, Torres, Aquiliani, Benayoun and even Pacheco. They all wanted the ball when they weren't in possession and were willing to take responsbility with the ball when they didn't have it, they're the kind of players that generate confidence throughout the team. Pacheco didn't get much of the ball but what stood out was his confidence, always wanting the ball, always moving into space to try and create an outlet which is what the better players tend to do - although I'm not saying Pacheco is going to be a great player a such an early stage.

I may be a bit of a party pooper but I failed to see any real genuine positives out of that game.

Fiorentina were no great shakes but they were the classier, more positive and more destructive team. A truly decent team would have destroyed us last night.

I don't want to come across as being negative for the sake of it but with each performance that goes by the dagger is digging deeper and deeper into my heart and I fear the worst.

If Arsenal are in the mood on sunday we're in for a very rough ride. The team needs to improve tenfold if we're to get anything positive out of it. 3 points is absolutely essential if we're going to get anything out of the season.