You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Houllier took the piss out of Liverpool fans.. I can't believe Rafa is doing the same

Dukes Ruben

I am really gutted. I feel like I, and many fans who backed this fella through the harsh and unfair criticism he received when he hadn't had time to put his mark on this team, have been shit on big style. Not because we're not winning either. In fact, it's not even to do with the football we're playing right now. It's because this man is disrespecting us in the same way Gerrard Houllier did towards the end of his reign.

We can talk all day about the owners, the players who should be sold, etc etc. But there's no defending character flaws. They can't be explained away by a lack of funding.

When I listen to a post match interview, I want the manager to tell me he understands that this is not good enough for this great club. I want him to say he is not fucking satisfied, but that he will do everything in his power to change it. At least then, even if I don;'t think he can, i can see that he is trying, and I couldn't fault that, even if I did believe it would be in our best interests not to let him do so anymore.

When he tells me we had this many shots on goal, and we created this many chances, I feel a sense of frustration I haven't felt since Houllier was in charge. I never thought I'd say that under this manager. Like I say, I, like a few others on this board and elsewhere I reckon, feel like a fucking mug.

After a game in which we drag the name of this fucking amazing and historic football playing club, through the dog shit of another miserable, stinking, drab, lifeless performance, take money out of the pocket of fans who have traveled miles on a winter day, just before christmas, to watch a game which sees us unable to pass the ball, unwilling to commit numbers to an attack against likes of Blackburn or Debrecen, fail to create the number of chances necessary to render misses like Ngog's irrelevant, and play at a tempo you should only see when you've got the league wrapped up and ready for parade, I want the manager to do one of two things; Either realise what he should have done, and attack these very beatable teams in the future, or admit that the performance of the team was simply not good enough and apologise to the fans who traveled.

When Liverpool fans are told about the positives of a clean sheet against Blackburn Rovers, when Liverpool fans are being told to be positive because we've not conceded in x amount of games when we just played a derby from which we emerged with a clean sheet and victory only by virtue of a fat portion of luck, When Liverpool fans are having the number of shots on goal highlighted to them as if they somehow blacked out during these sporadic moments during the game, then the Liverpool fans are being patronised and disrespected by the manager.

There are some fatal flaws in this man's logic, if what he says is to be believed.

If he expects his team to be so efficient both in defence and in front of goal, that we need only create one good chances per game to guarantee enough wins to see us crowned champions in May, he'll never win the premier league title and he should no longer be manager of this club.

It's almost scary to think of the similarities between this and the end of the Houllier era, in terms of philosophy, if not playing staff. The only possible bright spot is the maybe deluded notion that Rafa is only saying this shit because he's got too, and the master plan will prevail. But that is something I'd only commit to at this stage if I was a complete fool. Every bit of logic states that this just is what it is, and maybe if we can't see it now, we can't see the forest for the trees.

I've always liked Rafa, for some reason. If it had come to be that he just couldn't take us forward in a footballing sense, whether due to tactical flaws or lack of funding, I could say `no hard feelings` as he walked out the door. At the moment, though, I feel with every passing week he is destroying any bond he ever had with the Liverpool fans, especially those who've backed him this far.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really gutted. I feel like I, and many fans who backed this fella through the harsh and unfair criticism he received when he hadn't had time to put his mark on this team, have been shit on big style. Not because we're not winning either. In fact, it's not even to do with the football we're playing right now. It's because this man is disrespecting us in the same way Gerrard Houllier did towards the end of his reign.

We can talk all day about the owners, the players who should be sold, etc etc. But there's no defending character flaws. They can't be explained away by a lack of funding.

When I listen to a post match interview, I want the manager to tell me he understands that this is not good enough for this great club. I want him to say he is not fucking satisfied, but that he will do everything in his power to change it. At least then, even if I don;'t think he can, i can see that he is trying, and I couldn't fault that, even if I did believe it would be in our best interests not to let him do so anymore.

When he tells me we had this many shots on goal, and we created this many chances, I feel a sense of frustration I haven't felt since Houllier was in charge. I never thought I'd say that under this manager. Like I say, I, like a few others on this board and elsewhere I reckon, feel like a fucking mug.

After a game in which we drag the name of this fucking amazing and historic football playing club, through the dog shit of another miserable, stinking, drab, lifeless performance, take money out of the pocket of fans who have traveled miles on a winter day, just before christmas, to watch a game which sees us unable to pass the ball, unwilling to commit numbers to an attack against likes of Blackburn or Debrecen, fail to create the number of chances necessary to render misses like Ngog's irrelevant, and play at a tempo you should only see when you've got the league wrapped up and ready for parade, I want the manager to do one of two things; Either realise what he should have done, and attack these very beatable teams in the future, or admit that the performance of the team was simply not good enough and apologise to the fans who traveled.

When Liverpool fans are told about the positives of a clean sheet against Blackburn Rovers, when Liverpool fans are being told to be positive because we've not conceded in x amount of games when we just played a derby from which we emerged with a clean sheet and victory only by virtue of a fat portion of luck, When Liverpool fans are having the number of shots on goal highlighted to them as if they somehow blacked out during these sporadic moments during the game, then the Liverpool fans are being patronised and disrespected by the manager.

There are some fatal flaws in this man's logic, if what he says is to be believed.

If he expects his team to be so efficient both in defence and in front of goal, that we need only create one good chances per game to guarantee enough wins to see us crowned champions in May, he'll never win the premier league title and he should no longer be manager of this club.

It's almost scary to think of the similarities between this and the end of the Houllier era, in terms of philosophy, if not playing staff. The only possible bright spot is the maybe deluded notion that Rafa is only saying this shit because he's got too, and the master plan will prevail. But that is something I'd only commit to at this stage if I was a complete fool. Every bit of logic states that this just is what it is, and maybe if we can't see it now, we can't see the forest for the trees.

I've always liked Rafa, for some reason. If it had come to be that he just couldn't take us forward in a footballing sense, whether due to tactical flaws or lack of funding, I could say `no hard feelings` as he walked out the door. At the moment, though, I feel with every passing week he is destroying any bond he ever had with the Liverpool fans, especially those who've backed him this far.

Its good to let it all out!

At the end of Houlliers reign I ended up dispising the man (not now) for what he was doing to the club I just pray that I dont get the same feelings with Rafa.

Managers rarely say their teamisn't good enough in public.

He said in an interview that he knows we have to improve so hewent as close to saying it's not good enough as most managers would.

I actually think he has said teh performance wasn't good enough a few times. He definitely did after Sunderland.

Everyone's frustrated mate but judge him at the end of the season. This year has been his biggest blip since he came here, but a lot of things have gone against us that he can't be blamed for. Granted he could help things a lot by at least making proper decisions on playing staff but I'd still say he'll come good by the end of the season. yes I'm an optimist !!

Wow, a Rafa-thread. Why hasn't anyone else thought of that? It's brilliant, just brilliant.

.....................Rafa-thread.................

Rafa-thread Rafa-thread Rafa-thread Rafa-thread

................Rafa-thread Rafa-thread.............

Rafa-thread.......Rafa-thread.........Rafa-thread

......................Rafa-thread...........................

Subs:

Rafa-thread

Rafa-thread

Rafa-thread

Rafa-thread

Rafa-thread

If Liverpool were a 1980s computer program, it would probably be something like this

10 Appoint new manager, inherits a club in a mess

20 Starts very well, fans think they have the new Shankly

30 Wins some cups, fans convinced they have the new Shankly

40 Finish second in the league

50 Go into a viscous downward spiral, prompting internet civil war until the manager is eventually sacked (even though we don't sack managers)

60 GOTO 10

As much as I want Benitez out, I don't think he's remotely as bad as Houllier was for the final two years (although with every passing week I'm reviewing my judgement on him).

Let me give you one example: Its January 2004, and we've just been knocked out of the FA Cup by a piss poor Portsmouth team. Does Houllier apologise, or at least admit he made tactical mistakes? No. He goes on to say it should now be a "blessing in disguise" to get knocked out of the cup because then we could concentrate on getting into the top four of the league!!! Would Rafa say such a thing? I doubt it. Maybe it's because he doesn't know what it means, but I don't think he would ever stoop so low.

I feel Rafa has spent far too much time and effort with managerial politics and seeking complete control. What counts is what goes on on match days. Has Rafa got what it takes to turn this season around, previously I would of backed him to do so. As of late not so confiedent.

Worrying times not just off the park with those two scum bags, but the team has no imagination, drive or flair.

If Liverpool were a 1980s computer program, it would probably be something like this

50 Go into a viscous downward spiral, prompting internet civil war until the manager is eventually sacked (even though we don't sack managers)

60 GOTO 10

There's a new version for the noughties.

45 Prompting internet civil war

50 Go into a viscous downward spiral until the manager is eventually sacked (even though we don't sack managers)

60 GOTO 10

Guest alscarface

SET Variable=GAMESWON

45 IF GAMESWON >= 15 - Previous 5 years GOTO 20

60 IF GAMESWON < 10 - Previous 5 year GOTO 100

100 Start numerous threads about sacking manager

The simplest programs always have less bugs.

I agree with every word pal.