Juniper

Milton keynes: shite or good?

It’s been bestowed the same honour as Doncaster. 

They really will let anyone in these days. 

Although I’ve never been to Milton Keynes, I’m sure it’s very nice.

Doncaster, however, is a shit hole. Especially the ‘City’ centre. 

Had some good nights out there years ago with some mates who went to college down there. But having said that, as you can all probably attest, when you're out with your mates and have access to beer, pretty much anywhere is a good laugh. That said, one night I got chatting to someone who'd lived there for years and he said the problem was that it was in a low point in the country, so basically sat at the bottom of a natural basin and all the countries negativity drained in to it. 

image.png

53 minutes ago, Fugitive said:

Think it needs a soul first. 

It’s the ginger kid of the country.

Yer ma has a soul

23 minutes ago, RJ Fan club said:

Yes, of Trees 

Impressive knowledge, less than a mile away from where I live. 

And why the fuck is size of god houses a deciding factor? Along with haunted lizard witch tits gives it her overdue thumbs up. 

Outwage

How funny as it too Zeb that Bolton missed out, the irony being that there's probably nowhere that loves the Queen more than that absolute gammon Cyberdyne factory.

Fuck you Bolton, from hell's heart I stab at thee.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Clem H Fandango said:

They give city status to anyone these days.

Entitled generation.

Some fella was on Jeremy vine on radio 2 earlier absolutely losing it that Reading had been overlooked again 

• Upvote 1

The whole city thing is bollocks really isnt it? Who has ever looked at a former town being called a city and decided it's so much better now. 

28 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

How funny as it too Zeb that Bolton missed out, the irony being that there's probably nowhere that loves the Queen more than that absolute gammon Cyberdyne factory.

Fuck you Bolton, from hell's heart I stab at thee.

Fucking Bolton. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Remmie said:

The whole city thing is bollocks really isnt it? Who has ever looked at a former town being called a city and decided it's so much better now. 

Wait till they start twining MK with cities from other countries, as if that kind of shit has any real meaning.

Just now, Trumo said:

Wait till they start twining MK with cities from other countries, as if that kind of shit has any real meaning.

Milton Keynes twinned with Gilead 

27 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Yes it does. It means local councillors get freebies to whoever they're twinned with paid by the taxpayers.

There's loads of cities that shouldn't be cities, Chester and Preston spring to mind. 

The obvious cities you think of are the likes of Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham Newcastle etc, basically because they're fucking big. 

If somewhere has one street and no Curries, it's not a city, fact.

18 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

There's loads of cities that shouldn't be cities, Chester and Preston spring to mind. 

The obvious cities you think of are the likes of Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham Newcastle etc, basically because they're fucking big. 

If somewhere has one street and no Curries, it's not a city, fact.

Chester is historically very significant so is well deserving of city status,IMHO. York probably falls into that category too,I am guessing.