You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Milton keynes: shite or good?

Juniper

Our city centre:

1a8debdb697fc8520fa5a350e21bb759.jpg

There can't be many greener cities in the country

Is this a place or a 60's town planners wet dream?

I always find places that are laid out in the advent-of-the-automobile age irritating because you have to walk sodding miles to get anywhere.

I don't know enough about MK to have an opinion either way

Not a fan of Buckinghamshire , though

Some real shit hole towns with property prices off the scale...Aylesbury, High Wycombe, Beaconsfield etc. The M40 round there is a parking lot and the natives are a curious mix of Harry Enfield Cockney boy wannabes and Yokel backwater Incester village bumpkins

Lovely countryside in and around the Chilterns, though

Guest Pistonbroke

I don't know enough about MK to have an opinion either way

Not a fan of Buckinghamshire , though

Some real shit hole towns with property prices off the scale...Aylesbury, High Wycombe, Beaconsfield etc. The M40 round there is a parking lot and the natives are a curious mix of Harry Enfield Cockney boy wannabes and Yokel backwater Incester village bumpkins

Lovely countryside in and around the Chilterns, though

I had the misfortune to spend a whole week there, full of fucking bell ends. 

Being a city is a quite strange concept in this country, you bid for the status and for some reason it supposed to be important. Liverpool wasn't a city until 1880 and beat Sheffield, Birmingham, Nottingham, Hull and Leeds to this strange elevated status.

Officially we aren't a city but everyone here calls it one, something to do with the Queen visiting it and Cathedrals or something equally tedious though even if we were a city I'm not sure what's to be gained.

Liverpool has been in existence since the early 11 hundreds,maybe not as a city way back then,but it cannot even be mentioned in the same sentence as Milton Keynes. Direct your ire elsewhere Mr Remmington. Runcorn is a massive shithole lived in by many of us who never made the decision to live here and dont have the means to go elsewhere either.

I haven't  been there for years, but I thought it was quite decent.  I did live in Thetford at the time, so anywhere would seem good.

It's easy to get lost on the grid system as it's a bit featureless, but also easy to recover as there are so many roundabouts.

Commutable to London so easy to use a job here as a stepping stone.