You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Milton keynes: shite or good?

Juniper

Doesn't Remi or someone on here live there?

I new somebody who lived there that hated it, others like it though.

Yeah, Remmie lives (or lived) there, so he would be the major source of information, though if memory serves my correctly, there may have been another forumite or two that also lived there for a spell. TK springs to mind for some reason.

I love it here but might be moving away depending on where my next job is.  Shenley is nice.  It doesn't really matter where you live because it all looks the same (obviously some areas are nicer than others).  But Shenley is a solid 'burb alright.  I got my very first wicket as a wrist spinner against that lot, an lbw.  We shitted on you that day, Dynamite.  Your new team is rubbish. 

• Upvote 4

It's just drearily dull.  Lego houses with paper walls on tiny plots.  3D muzak.  It's largely for young marrieds with absolutely no imagination who will spend their weeks staring into computer screens and their weekends trawling around a shopping mall with all the generic shitty shops in.  Why do you think Remmie travels so much?  

I saw Take That at Milton Keynes bowl.  They were shit as well.  

• Downvote 1

That's where I am at! It's a lovely town actually!

Went last year too and certainly had a great time, albeit spent 99% of it in a mate's garden in the blazing sun being handed food and booze and playing footie with their little lad.

Drove through a couple of really nice little bits trying to find their place, seems like a decent place to live with good property size for the price, once you add in a group of mates it looks golden for a decent enough quality of life.

I've been offered a job in MK, (pending vetting procedures), that I hope to start toward the end of this month or the start of next.

Having read through this thread, I was wondering if there were any changes or further opinions of living in MK, specifically the Shenley Wood area?

Had a quick browse on Rightmove for rental properties, but if anyone was to have a letting agent that they would recommend I have a look at, then it would be greatly appreciated.

Top tip - ignore most of the rubbish spouted here by people who drove through it or had a mate who....

I lived in Stony for a year and thought it was great. Pub crawls down Stony high street are legendary. About a gazillion pubs less than a mile apart. Stony is an historic market town so most of the shops are now estate agents but the pubs are still there including the Cock and the Bull - two pubs separated by an alleyway and the suggested source of the phrase "cock and bull story".. Shopping centre is boss (MK1?). Me and the lad learnt to sail on Willen Lake and there are lots of nice walks around it. Stony has an annual "Folk of the Green" gig that attracts people from all over. But really just an excuse for everyone to sit on the village green and drink all day. Bletchley is a bit shit and there are some pockets that you may want to avoid but overall a clean and tidy place. Easy access to M1 and MK station is on the mainline. I really enjoyed my time there as there was always something going on or something to do. Obviously you are in day trip to London territory - only 50 miles - another bonus. Also within easy reach of loads of other places. Silverstone is just up the road. Bletchley Park on your doorstep. MK Bowl.

My advice is give it a go and make your own mind up.

• Upvote 2

Going that way to Leighton Buzzard for a party next weekend, so it's status will temporarily be lowered even further.

When  I see or hear the name Leighton Buzzard, I always imagine a train station in the middle of nowhere, with a tall stand, and on the stand, a single dusty threadbare buzzard. Called Leighton.

When I see or hear the name Leighton Buzzard, I always imagine a train station in the middle of nowhere, with a tall stand, and on the stand, a single dusty threadbare buzzard. Called Leighton.

It's always sounded to me like the name ZZ Top would have gone by at college.