You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Sell Out: Who would you rid and why?

WhiskeyJar

1. Voronin

2. Babel

3. Dossena

4. Lucas

5. Riera

6. Kuyt

7. Aquilani

8. Degen

9. Plessis

10. Shitenda (whatever that shit backup 'keeper is called)

11. The Greek

12. Spearing

13. Skrtel

And I'd get rid off Ngog and El Zhar in the summer. Possibly Mascherano too if he still wants to fuck off.

Fooking Ayda.

I dare to think who would be left.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he was guaranteed to get money by back i'd be tempted to sell all these:

Degen

Plessis

Voronin

Babel

Spearing

Dossena

Itandje

I'd only sell Spearing if we got a decent bid, though.

What would be a decent bid for Spearing? Jay is unproved with exception of reserve league. Nobody would pay for him more than amount we bought N´gog for ( around 1,5 mil.)

Guest PurpleNose

Voronin, Riera, Kyrgiakos, Babel, Degen, Plessis, El Zhar, Dossena, Martin, Threlfall, Duran and Brouwer.

None of them are, or ever will be, good enough to play for Liverpool.

Leaves a squad of -

Cavalieri, Johnson, Aquilani, Agger, Gerrard, Torres, Aurelio, Benayoun, Kuyt, Mascherano, Lucas, Insua, Carragher, N'Gog, Skrtel, Spearing, Kelly, Ayala, Pacheco, Amoo.

Promote the last five permanently. Spend every penny on a striker. Replace Mascherano if he does inevitably fuck off. Muamba possibly.

I'd loan Babel. If we sold him now we'd get a fraction of what we paid. Send him on loan and hopefully he'll perform, if not domestically, then maybe the world cup. Then his value might have risen.

Riera, Kyrgiakos, Babel, Plessis, El Zhar - just not up to it.

I would give Voronin away just so as not to have to see him Liverpool Jersey again.

I would also sell Lucas as he might actually be worth something at the minute, so would cash in because still think he is useless.

I would consider selling.

Kuyt £8-10m. He has been rubbish for far too much of his time here, and would fetch a nice fee.

Voronin £1m. No explanation needed.

Degen £1m. As above.

Plessis £500 000

El Zhar £1m

Cavalieri £3m. A decent keeper who looks to handle beeing 2nd choice, but Gulacsi looks able to handle that position as well.

Brouwer Free

Flora Free

Threlfall £250 000

Darby £250 000

Babel £7m

Martin £250 000

That would probably pay for Reina`s new contract.

In a dream world were we had money to replace these players then

Riera Reason: average

Babel Reason: He'll never make it

Kuyt Reason: Plays when he should'nt

Plessis Reason: shit

Dossena Reason: not up to it

Voronin Reason: not up to it

Degen Reason: He plays too much:whistle:

El Zhar Reason Reason: mehhh

We should have a review of the squad at the end of the season - this is the 1st time under Rafa we have gone significantly backwards so he needs to ensure that he can filter out those players that are not up to the mark in the summer. I would categorise as follows to date:

Clear out in Jan - Degen, Dossena, Voronin

Clear out in Summer - Babel, The Greek

Players who have performed somewhere near there potential this season - Reina, Johnson, Aurelio, Agger, Mascherano, Benayoun, Gerrard, Torres

Senior Players who have disappointed - Carragher, Skrtel, Kuyt,

Unknown due to fitness - Riera, Aqualani

Young Players who need time to develop - Kelly, Insua, Lucas, Ngog, Ayala, El Zahr, Spearing

1. Babel - in exchange for an ipod

2. Voronin - in exchange for some KFC

3. Plessis - in exchange for jax roll

4. Degen - in exchange for some tweezers for Rafa's eyebrows

5. Dossena - in exchange for some cash towards the yanks S&M parties

6. Riera - cos he's a lazy cunt

I would only trim the squad a bit as the money received is irrelevant from the football perspective, any serious money would be going to better hands. Plessis, Voronin and Degen could go now, they do not need to be replaced. The rest should stay until the end of the season, then we will see what the situation in the club is, who the manager is, and decisions can be made on a reasonable basis.

1. Voronin

2. Babel

3. Dossena

4. Lucas

5. Riera

6. Kuyt

7. Aquilani

8. Degen

9. Plessis

10. Shitenda (whatever that shit backup 'keeper is called)

11. The Greek

12. Spearing

13. Skrtel

And I'd get rid off Ngog and El Zhar in the summer. Possibly Mascherano too if he still wants to fuck off.

Just cull half the squad

I am struggling to comprehend that with our form this season people are advocating getting rid of ten or more players in January when we have no money to replace them.

I suppose the logic is "we've got a shite squad, so let's make it even worse"?

Don't get me wrong, I think we've got a load of players who aren't good enough, but surely getting rid of the shite options we have will just leave us with none?