Quantcast
Owls - Page 8 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

On 8/12/2017 at 2:47 PM, Mook said:

We're taking the wee one to see some owls tomorrow, I'm well excited, I don't think I've ever seen an owl in real life.

Owls.

I have never seen a real owl. but i have 2 friends who have the same features as owl.

My favourite owl encounter was a long, late drive from Yorkshire to Eastbourne for work.

Couldn’t set off til 9pm, so my plan was to get as far as I could before finding a premier in for the night when I got too tired to carry on.

Started to wilt as I got to the M25, when suddenly the Radio 1 drum and base show gave me a new lease of life.

anyway, ended up driving all the way to Eastbourne, but on an A-road I can’t tecall, driving fast in the pitch black with just me about, at around 2am, light full beam, out of nowhere a fucking huge owl swoops down in front of my car, picks up a shrew or something from the road and then swoops just about over the top of my windscreen.

Scared the shit out of me, but was ace. 

Love owls.

On ‎02‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 08:31, Evelyn Tentions said:

I've got one of those wireless weather stations. I couldn't understand why I kept getting weird weather events in the middle of the night until I went to water the lemon tree one night......

IMG_0016.JPG

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure this isn't an owl. It looks like a tawny frogmouth to me.

Excellent picture though.