You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favourite owl encounter was a long, late drive from Yorkshire to Eastbourne for work.

Couldn’t set off til 9pm, so my plan was to get as far as I could before finding a premier in for the night when I got too tired to carry on.

Started to wilt as I got to the M25, when suddenly the Radio 1 drum and base show gave me a new lease of life.

anyway, ended up driving all the way to Eastbourne, but on an A-road I can’t tecall, driving fast in the pitch black with just me about, at around 2am, light full beam, out of nowhere a fucking huge owl swoops down in front of my car, picks up a shrew or something from the road and then swoops just about over the top of my windscreen.

Scared the shit out of me, but was ace. 

Love owls.

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
On ‎02‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 08:31, Evelyn Tentions said:

I've got one of those wireless weather stations. I couldn't understand why I kept getting weird weather events in the middle of the night until I went to water the lemon tree one night......

IMG_0016.JPG

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure this isn't an owl. It looks like a tawny frogmouth to me.

Excellent picture though.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
On 31/10/2018 at 06:30, Ronish Baxter said:

I have never seen a real owl. but i have 2 friends who have the same features as owl.

I used to know a lad as kids called Raymond Howell, Owly, as he too looked like one. 

I pushed him off a small cliff on the Ralla to see if he could really fly, but alas he couldn't. 

I still feel a bit guilty about that. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 13/07/2020 at 18:02, easytoslip said:

I used to know a lad as kids called Raymond Howell, Owly, as he too looked like one. 

I pushed him off a small cliff on the Ralla to see if he could really fly, but alas he couldn't. 

I still feel a bit guilty about that. 

Extreme. All you needed to do was move his body around and see if his head stayed in the same place.

16 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Extreme. All you needed to do was move his body around and see if his head stayed in the same place.

Haha yeah, we did use make him do owl noises, louder owly louder, he must look back and think, those fuckin' cunts made my life hell. 

There was a lad when working on Formby beach, he was a history teacher who unfortunately had a breakdown and gone religious, we used make him say the Lords Prayer and again but this time with artistic expression, and he would. Life can be cruel when young.