You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Next four league games

Hermes

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to improve ten-fold if we are to beat Arsenal. Seriously, the way we've played in the last 2 games, can you see us getting anything versus the Arse if we put in a similar performance against them? We usually improve against the bigger teams but if that fails to happen, Arsenal will tear us a new one.

I'm nowhere near confident about that game. We always find them tricky even when we're playing well.

We do alright at home as my memory goes - absolutely despicable record at Highbury/Emirates.

With them suffering a lot of injuries up front as are we , I expect the polar opposite of last year. Low-scoring draw.

We do alright at home as my memory goes - absolutely despicable record at Highbury/Emirates.

With them suffering a lot of injuries up front as are we , I expect the polar opposite of last year. Low-scoring draw.

We do alright at home generally, but I can't remember playing them when we've been this shit. Put it this way, I would take a low scoring draw in this game at this time.

Its actually the next 10 games that will define our season.

We have Villa and Spurs in that and 4 relatively easy games, on paper we should win at least 6 of those games

20 points would be the minimum requirement and by Feb 6 we will have a very good idea if our season is going to be ok or not

I think we can win them all; IF we have a full team (and by that I mean FIRST team) on the field - I think we can take on the confidence Rafa' clearly has from our unbeaten run and go on a winning run ourselves; As per bloody usual, I think Arsenal will give us the most trouble, but for some unknown reason, I DO think we'll beat them this time; Don't ask why but last time I felt like that before a match was Chelsea away last season and after 90 mins'? We destroyed their unbeaten record at the Bridge a week after looking utter dreck against Wigan despite beating the Latics. So you never know in football, you just never know, but just maybe December the 13th MIGHT be unlucky for Arsenal this time..............................

NB I think we'll get our own back on Spurs and Villa in the next month or so as well as we really DO owe them both one - Especially Spurs.

Arsenal H

Wigan H

Portsmouth A

Wolves H

As bad as we are there has to be at least 9 or 10 points to be gained there. Things are about to pick up. Merry Christmas.

we'll do well to get 8 points out of that. should really be getting 12 points.

arsenal 1 pt

wigan should get 3 pt but think we'll get 1 pt

portsmouth 1 pt

wolves 3 pt

I think we are more likely to beat a top team than a little. We only show our best against teams that are good. Little teams we underestimate most of the time.

I'd go pure attack were shite defensively. But we are strong going forward and i'd play Degen instead of Kuyt. Arsenal seem to be fucked when teams go all out against them we must control and attack the game we cant afford to play defensively or they will sting us.

I'd go pure attack were shite defensively. But we are strong going forward and i'd play Degen instead of Kuyt. Arsenal seem to be fucked when teams go all out against them we must control and attack the game we cant afford to play defensively or they will sting us.

Degen over Kuyt. For christs sake :wallbutt: