You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not El Zhar's fault, only one man to blame.

I feel sorry for El Zhar.

Yeah gotta agree. I don't think the lad is a all that bad but hes played what like 3 games in the past 2 years. I'm still with Rafa but the mans making some odd decisions. That game today was crying out for something, anything at all to change it and El Zhar was hardly going to do it. Aquilani probably would have been a better choice. All this someone is going to go through him and kill him nonsense is getting annoying. Could happen in any other game and if hes fit enough to be on the bench hes surely fit enough to play the last 30 mins

It was an obnoxious decision by the manager.

He can't play Aquilani a 20 million pound player because he's fearful that he's coming back from injury. And yet he throws El Zhar in who funnily enough has been injured for yonks as well.

It's just confusing. It's quite possibly the 876th time Rafa Benitez has confused the fans with a decision. It's just not healthy.

He was brought on cos he's the natural sub for that role. He has played in this country for years though and is in a role that is less required to have match sharpness.

That said I'd have brought Aquilani on after that for Lucas but can see why he wasn't brought on.

The problem is there are about three players he can sub for Aquilani - Masc, Lucas or Gerrard. Withoutb putting Stevie out wide and taking Kuty off or something similar he won't get on.

If Yossi was coming off (assuming he is still getting back fit) then replacing like for like ony gives El Zhar as an option, or Dossena maybe!!!

Not saying I agree - but guess that's the logic.

The problem is there are about three players he can sub for Aquilani - Masc, Lucas or Gerrard. Withoutb putting Stevie out wide and taking Kuty off or something similar he won't get on.

If Yossi was coming off (assuming he is still getting back fit) then replacing like for like ony gives El Zhar as an option, or Dossena maybe!!!

He doesn't have to go like for like all the time though. He could always try drastically changing the formation during a game.

Saying that I don't think anyone will ever understand him. Rafael Benitez and logic don't go together.

He will have to play Aquilini soon. Don't blame El Zhar it's Rafa's fault and nobody else. 20 million and hardly played.

Starting Wednesday apparently

Good job too. We really need him in that game. Lots and lots at stake against Fiorentina.

The league is one thing but the Champions League is where is at

With Yossi comming off, niether El Zhar or Dossena are the answer, as niether are good enough for LFC.

How the fuck this guy got a new contract is beyond me. Says a lot about the club and some of the supporters who don't mind settling for average.

It's the attitude our fans have, people believe we are lucky to have Benitez because we are a club in decline. it's that sort of attitude which will see players like him get contracts, and us become more shit.

Thought he did alright when he came on to be honest, and Aquilani was never going to come on to replace Benny was he....At 0-0 away from home Rafa is not going to take off a holding player and replace him with a more attacking player - not losing in that situation is what he is more focussed on.

Thought he did alright when he came on to be honest, and Aquilani was never going to come on to replace Benny was he....At 0-0 away from home Rafa is not going to take off a holding player and replace him with a more attacking player - not losing in that situation is what he is more focussed on.

Which is my I believe we will never win the league with Rafa at the helm. Today was the day that broke me.

I'd rather we had had lost that game going for the win than settle for a point.

This fear of getting beat is going to win us the grand sum of fuck all.

Go for the jugular, win 3 lose 2 is more effective than settling for mediocrity and winning 1 and drawing 4.

Edit: This isn't a dig at Rafa, I dont want this to start a slanging match, I'm not pro rafa or anti rafa, I'm pro Liverpool football club. Its just my opinion.