You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Quick Question

dennis tooth

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all Dennis can I say thanks for raising the question, and no, I don't think we will. There's a big gap, and while we have won two on the bounce, there's no indication that we're playing well enough to consistently beat the stronger teams. I hope this post won't have a detrimental effect on the team.

less than half way and with 6 teams who could beat anyone on their day there are points to be lost and won

We COULD win the league Yes but if Chelsea did lose 4 games between now and seasons end and we won all of ours i would think one of the other would take advantage of their slip up

I Do think we are good enough to finish second and i would expect that to be the target and see from there

less than half way and with 6 teams who could beat anyone on their day there are points to be lost and won

We COULD win the league Yes but if Chelsea did lose 4 games between now and seasons end and we won all of ours i would think one of the other would take advantage of their slip up

I Do think we are good enough to finish second and i would expect that to be the target and see from there

Yeah, the more appropriate question is probably, "Can Chelsea lose the league?". It doesn't look very likely does it?

Watched the Chelsea - Arsenal game after ours and it made me think. I could see us improving our form and going on an unbeaten run, but I can't see them collapsing and letting us back in it. We'll chip away (hopefully) but we'll also drop points before the end of the season. It's pretty much over.

Watched the Chelsea - Arsenal game after ours and it made me think. I could see us improving our form and going on an unbeaten run, but I can't see them collapsing and letting us back in it. We'll chip away (hopefully) but we'll also drop points before the end of the season. It's pretty much over.

The depressing thing is that they rested Ballack for that game!

Thats the answer for me!!!!

Chelsea will have a collpase at some point. But we can't win all our games so, for me, there is no way we will win the league.

And I'd add that no manager in the world will win the league under the current conditions at the club.

Agreed with the first bit, for sure. If chelski collapse, what sort of a fall can we expect, tho.Maybe lose two games at most.Its the draws that would be more likely to occour.......But we need a long run of wins and to improve 95%.

Deep down, deep deep down..................I say(whispering)..yes we can.

Even Gerrard has explicitly said we are out of it.

More media shite. He said we're out of it for now and need to fight our way back in.

Being an optimist, I say of course there's a slight chance. It would take nothing short of a miracle though. We'd be relying solely on the African Nations Cup taking it's toll on Chelsea which is clutching at straws to say the least. I'm confident we'll get third, and may push for second, but the league is (barring divine intervention) Chelsea's.