You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Giggs 2nd favourite for Sports Personality of the Year

The Golden Eel

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rich man's Keith Gillespie, in fact fuck that, Kieth Gillespie was better, as a man and a player, and he had a gambling problem.

I'm sure Giggs hides his vices better, I bet he has a big shed full of vices in his back garden in fact, so stop bumming that skeleton and come out the closet Ryan and put an end to this circus once and for all. You deserve the nobel peace prize before you deserve player of the year and personality of the year when you have all the character of a wet brick.

I'm going to go against the grain here and say that for a player of his age still doing what he's doing is special.

Despite the fact the whole thing is being blown out of proportion, he's still a quality, quality player and he's one of their players I can respect....begrudgingly all be it

I'm going to go against the grain here and say that for a player of his age still doing what he's doing is special.

Despite the fact the whole thing is being blown out of proportion, he's still a quality, quality player and he's one of their players I can respect....begrudgingly all be it

I agree. He's been a fantastic player over the years and it speaks volumes that he can still do a job from time to time for the Mancs.

However, it was a joke he got that PFA award last year. A media-driven campaign based on sympathy and a goal against West Ham. There were at least 6 players in the United side better than him last season so I don't know how that equates to being best in the League.

I actually think he's looked better for them this season compared to last. Not that he should win the PFA again, but just something I feel.

Agreed but none of that makes him worthy of winning Sports Personality of the Year does it?

• 2 weeks later...