You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa: Aquilani Close to First Team Debut!

WhiskeyJar

Just to add bar Torres Rafa now has a fully fit squad to choose from

I think its fair to say its just not acceptable

Most people have been saying when he gets all his players back and now he has bar the best player.

I'll be honest here as someone who supports Rafa that saturday pissed me off no end, especially the first half. We do have most of the squad available now and that first half wasn't acceptable. We do have to perform much better than that going forward or Rafa will find himself in a very big hole of shit.

Having said that I am sure we will perform a lot better very soon.:thumbup:

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what we're currently on target for at the moment. So whoever came would only have to get in the Champions League to improve.

Despite the fact that this is the first year under Rafa that we have not made it beyond the groups?

Come on guys I didnt expect the knives to out for the manager after a draw at Blackburn of all places.

Despite the fact that this is the first year under Rafa that we have not made it beyond the groups?

Come on guys I didnt expect the knives to out for the manager after a draw at Blackburn of all places.

My knives aren't out, I never said I want him dismissed, so don't jump the gun. I'm simply responding to people other people's comments. For someone to say that he has set the standard is silly, a great European Cup win and an F.A. Cup win in six years is not the standard. He did great things early in his tenure but he's not won us a thing in four years.

By not giving Aquilani a shot at changing the game against Blackburn, Rafa has placed himself in a lose-lose situation: If Aquilani turns out to be ace, then the decision to not play him in a game like that will obviously seem even more fucked up. If Aquilani turns out to be shit and we've pissed away all our transfer funds and even our season waiting for him, then it is a close to a sackable offense as they come.

By not giving Aquilani a shot at changing the game against Blackburn, Rafa has placed himself in a lose-lose situation: If Aquilani turns out to be ace, then the decision to not play him in a game like that will obviously seem even more fucked up. If Aquilani turns out to be shit and we've pissed away all our transfer funds and even our season waiting for him, then it is a close to a sackable offense as they come.

The word that describes Rafa best at the present time is GUTLESS however my mate pointed out this isnt actually true because he is in fact a fat fucker.

its the best team available but he wont pick it, he could have picked that team bar Torres yesterday but the chicken shit chose not to.

Disrespectful idiot.

The word that describes Rafa best at the present time is GUTLESS however my mate pointed out this isnt actually true because he is in fact a fat fucker.

Have a word with yourself you fucking cunt.

Have a word with yourself you fucking cunt.

So I presume you dont agree with my point of view or my mates point of view

So you dont think Rafa is Gutless and you dont think he is a fat fucker which is obviously fair enough then but childish personal abuse is unbecoming one of the better posters on here.

So you dont think Rafa is Gutless and you dont think he is a fat fucker which is obviously fair enough then but childish personal abuse is unbecoming one of the better posters on here.

I don't think that is the way we should talk about our manager and players.

At least you're here to defend yourself, Nick. Rafa isn't, but hey, you continue hurling the abuse at him and I'll call you for it.

Even if he does make Gutless decisions and is overweight

Rafa's personality is that of a gambler, constantly (& some would say blindly) calculating what he sees as the odds.

Buying a player who is potentially great but has injury issues may be many things, including reckless & potentially unwise, but it is as far from gutless as it is possible to be.

Although i would agree that a before & after photo of him since 2004 is a stunning comment on the quality of Spanish & British food.

So you call Rafa a fat fucker and then, only a few posts later, have a go at someone for childish and personal abuse?

Rafa's personality is that of a gambler, constantly (& some would say blindly) calculating what he sees as the odds.

Buying a player who is potentially great but has injury issues may be many things, including reckless & potentially unwise, but it is as far from gutless as it is possible to be.

Although i would agree that a before & after photo of him since 2004 is a stunning comment on the quality of Spanish & British food.

Were talking about his gutless decisions not to play Aquiliani in at least part of the last game and previous games as he didnt want to risk losing a point to win 3

Were talking about his gutless decisions not to play Aquiliani in at least part of the last game and previous games as he didnt want to risk losing a point to win 3

He didnt want to risk him, for many a reasons.

He will play when Rafa says he is ready to play....and that to me is enough.

When did everyone become such a great football manager is beyond me.