You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gridlock

kopitegaz

Getting out of town was a nightmare this evening. Got on bus in Victoria street at 5.45. Should have been home around half an hour later. Didnt get home until 7.40.

What are other cities like in this respect? It seems in Liverpool, if one main road is blocked, it fucks up the rest of it.

Good job I don't live any further than 6 miles away from the City centre.

Gridlock is exactly right KG

Every morning & night Edge Lane / Prescot Road are a nightmare.

I also read in the Echo last night that Breeze Hill will be down to one lane either way over the Queens Drive flyover till Xmas. Bet the shops in the Strand are thrilled with that.

Gridlock is exactly right KG

Every morning & night Edge Lane / Prescot Road are a nightmare.

I also read in the Echo last night that Breeze Hill will be down to one lane either way over the Queens Drive flyover till Xmas. Bet the shops in the Strand are thrilled with that.

I go down edge lane at 9am on Thursdays and 8am on Friday, there is never much stopping when it merges going in to town. Also i come back at like 4 and 5 and it's not too bad.

If it comforts you any Gaz you can probably rest assured that if you were 2 hours late getting home it's because someone, somewhere didn't make it or were still being cut out of their car.

Well thanks for making out like I'm some heartless cunt. I had no idea what the problem on the road was. There were no police out and no wreckage was apparent. Obviously whatever problems with traffic congestion were on my route home were a consequence of something on one of the other routes out of town.

Cheers anyway, for now making me feel like shite.

It's winter. The roads are less safe, people are in a rush to get home and driving like idiots; If there's no match or anything on then what else is going to cause a 2-hour delay other than unsafe driving conditions and accidents? Today was the first sub-zero deception-sub-zero.jpg day so far this winter.

I saw 4 accidents between Speke and Aigburth and heard of a few more that people were phoning into the radio stations.

If you feel bad about it now that's your problem, but seriously what else did you think was causing it?

In all fairness, the only reason for the delays today was that there were roadworks on Edge Lane. I was stuck in them for fucking 60 - 70 minutes. And apparently its gonig to be the same tomorrow, so thanks all the same but I'm staying in the flat all day getting munted.

Sheffield is exactly the same Gaz. One incident and the whole city grinds to a halt. One of the reasons I try and be in the office before 7am. I can do the journey in 8mins at that time in the morning but after 8am it takes 35mins.

I think it may be Gordon Brown's fault, but that's another thread!

Sheffield was once brought to a 3 hour stand still due to a single land rover breaking in an area callked the Wicker. Rain regularly kills the city.

5 major roundabouts backed up - causing complete carnage.

Thank god I dont start work at 8 or 9 anymore