You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Irritating celebrity fans

Vincent Vega

I had 5 Live on earlier before the match started and that Colin Murray was the presenter. He makes out he is Liverpool's number one fan, but seems to have been one match in his life (Istanbul) and was quick to tell everyone he had a tattoo done in honour of number 5. Anyway, he starts going on about Everton being turned down for the stadium this week and then goes on to pronounce Kirkby as kirk-bee and tells the listeners that this is in the Wirral. What a fuckin' gimp!

it beats listening to talkshite, who for some reason have given Darren Gough a platform to air his views on football, yes football. "Inter Milan are a bigger club than Liverpool" was one of many he came out with this week

I heard that too, he actually said that both the Milan clubs where bigger than Liverpool, the fucking tool.

Guest ShoePiss
Up until I was about 10 I thought 'Kirkby' and 'Kirby' were two different places.

Colin Murray isn't 10 and therefore has no excuses.

you had a pretty good 10 years then!

Seen him around Anfield a couple of times, not just the 'big' games (one was newcastle in the FA cup).

Fighting Talk is the best thing on the radio and his sports presenting style seems superior to many of his cohorts.

Some fella proclaiming himself as DJ Spooney (one imagines not his given name) used to do a fair bit of presenting on 5live and was keen to portray himself as a big red initially, although he toned this down quite markedly presumably at the request of his bosses. Hasn't appeared on anything I've listened to lately.

He was at one of our games in Cardiff (can't remember if it was the United or Chelsea League Cup final) and had a bevvy with us. Pretty sound fella.

P.S. Kirkby and Kirby are two different places

Typical glory hunter then, turns up for finals and gets a ticket because of who he is, makes me despise him even more.

As for the ps, I was fully aware of that, but if you're a professed fan of Liverpool, shouldn't you be aware of the massive difference between Kirkby and West Kirby?

As for the ps, I was fully aware of that, but if you're a professed fan of Liverpool, shouldn't you be aware of the massive difference between Kirkby and West Kirby?

You would hope so. But in the days of half and half Liverpool - United scarves and £3000 Thomas Cook match day trips hope is a dangerous thing

Some fella proclaiming himself as DJ Spooney (one imagines not his given name) used to do a fair bit of presenting on 5live and was keen to portray himself as a big red initially, although he toned this down quite markedly presumably at the request of his bosses. Hasn't appeared on anything I've listened to lately.

He's still on the 606. He's mates with a load of the players. Well... used to be anyway I'm not sure how friendly he is with the foreign contingent. But Heskey's DJ celebration was for him. He's OK. Nothing controversial or stupid and he does stick proudly by the fact that he's always been a Liverpool fan despite growing up in London. I don't consider him half bad compared to some of the mongs out there.

Colin Murray used to drink regularly with a few of his mates in the Sandon after European matches, think this was before he started his evening show / channel 5 gig, so not sure how regurlarly he attends now, but certainly never came across as a 'celebrity' fan - just another red having a bevvy.

I've bumped into Murray at a few matches and had a laugh with him in concert square at the second Chelsea CL semi. He loves the reds and seems no worse then any other fan.

DJ Spooney, while having a stupid fucking name, clearly loves the club also. And I sat in front of Harvey at the Barca CL game a few years back and he was getting stuck into the singing.

I think this thread is more a case of once they are 'celebrities' they must therefore be twats. I can safely say I know plenty of normal people who go the game who are much bigger twats then any of the above mentioned.

• Upvote 1