You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Patrick Viera

robslappa

What's the latest with the Masch situation?

To be completely honest, got bored shitless with the is he staying or is he going saga in the summer and haven't bothered keeping up with it. Is he still adamant he wants to go?

Even if we get fantastic money for him, Rafa will be lucky if he gets any of it to spend.

So why fucking bother selling him at all?

I think Rafa is trying to build a Classic Premiership Allstars team.

Here's our line up next season:

----------------------Schmeichel

----Stam-------------- Adams-----------Keown

---------------Keane------------Veira

Ginola-----------------Gazza-------------Overmars

--------------RVN-----------Shearer

A poor Inter team that are 5 points clear at the top?

If he's available on a free I'd have him. Why not? He'd fill out the squad with good experience and that's what we need. Him and RVN in on loan would help us a lot.

Key words. We need filling out with good experienced players that know the premiership.

Van Nistelrooy and Vieira both linked now, really interesting. Would bring bring so much title winning experience to the club.

Giggs and Scholes are probably older and still playing massive roles for United.

No guarantee RVN or Vieira would have the motivation to do anything else bar claiming massive wages, but I'd take a risk on both.

I'd rather we took risks on players who have actually achieved something in the game rather than Voronin, Degen etc

Different times.

And Gary Macca was an inspired signing by Houllier.

Agreed, but we don't them to play 60 games a season (not that we can now :whistle:) and we don't need them to play the full 90 minutes either. They can act as cover. Players like Viera are natural leaders which would also be a welcomed addition especially with all this current turmoil. As above Gary Mac was a fantastic signing.

I think Rafa is trying to build a Classic Premiership Allstars team.

Here's our line up next season:

----------------------Schmeichel

----Stam-------------- Adams-----------Keown

---------------Keane------------Veira

Ginola-----------------Gazza-------------Overmars

--------------RVN-----------Shearer

How rude where's god?

What's the latest with the Masch situation?

To be completely honest, got bored shitless with the is he staying or is he going saga in the summer and haven't bothered keeping up with it. Is he still adamant he wants to go?

Even if we get fantastic money for him, Rafa will be lucky if he gets any of it to spend.

So why fucking bother selling him at all?

Because he only has 18 months on his contract and refuses point blank to discuss another one. So this sale wont even down to Rafa, the club cant afford a 25m wrte off, so he will be sold in Jan or next summer.

• 12 years later...
On 29/11/2009 at 00:04, Salou said:

Van Nistelrooy and Vieira both linked now, really interesting. Would bring bring so much title winning experience to the club.

I don’t think they’ll fit with the age profile FSG want at the club. 

• Upvote 1