You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

No talk on Dubai?

neopulian

DIC have problems, big enough that if they'd been our owners we'd be getting worried as we read about them.

But we'd not know if we were worried for good reasons or because we'd fallen for spin.

DIC forced to plough in £53m to prop up Doncasters - Times Online

Dubai International Capital to Offer Almatis Lenders 40% Stake - Bloomberg.com

All of this pre supposes DIC would have bought the club using loans and putting the debt on the club the same as the current owners.

If they had not, the situation with DIC and Dubai in general wouldnt be one of too much worry and certainly the club would not be in a state of flux about re financing.

We would have been in trouble with Dubai's debt problems, but would it be any worse than fucking dumb and dumber?

No we wouldnt. We would only have been in trouble if DIC had of used massive loans to buy us then put that debt on the club.

If they had used little or no loans, the club would not be at risk except possibly of being put up for sale.

DIC are exchanging debt for shares in a number of companies or, are being told to pump money into companies to pay down that companies debt.

If they hadnt used loans to buy us, there would be no pressure from banks regarding us as we'd have little or no loans secured against us.

The only downside may be that transfer funds over and above what the club generated wouldnt be forthcoming.

In this modern age of post-local boy done good owners, it's never going to be an option of good vs bad, but bad vs worse.

It's alright saying DIC would have been shit with hindsight, but anyone who'd done even a simple google search would have seen that the way they conduct their business is infinately more professional than the way these two tits do.

Most professional business people don't sit ten seats away from each other and argue with each other through the global press, they're the least professional 'franchise' owners I think I've ever seen at work.

Of the 3 possible candidates we seriously entertained (the cunts, DIC & the bent Thai PM) unbelievably we probably did manage to end up with the least financially unstable & least politically unsound.

That they are still a pair of complete wankers who have failed miserably to build a new stadium shows how unbelievably crap our shortlist was.

Partly that was due to the overleveraged mania that gripped the world in the mid '90's. Partly it was due to the fact that Parry composed the list.

Has there ever been a worst set of 3 possible investors?

Rick Parry really was comically bad at his job. Reading that as the best he could come up with sort of reminds me of The Simpsons; where a scene in Mr.Burns movie calls for him to saddle a horse and the best take, out of 20 odd,is him being dragged, foot-first, by the horse.

It just amazes me he's managed to get so far in life.

In this modern age of post-local boy done good owners, it's never going to be an option of good vs bad, but bad vs worse.

It's alright saying DIC would have been shit with hindsight, but anyone who'd done even a simple google search would have seen that the way they conduct their business is infinately more professional than the way these two tits do.

Most professional business people don't sit ten seats away from each other and argue with each other through the global press, they're the least professional 'franchise' owners I think I've ever seen at work.

WHS

DIC have problems, big enough that if they'd been our owners we'd be getting worried as we read about them.

But we'd not know if we were worried for good reasons or because we'd fallen for spin.

DIC forced to plough in £53m to prop up Doncasters - Times Online

Dubai International Capital to Offer Almatis Lenders 40% Stake - Bloomberg.com

Huge difference though isnt there,

First of all they actually had 53m to pump into the business not like the buffoons running our club who stole Rafa's transfer money to pay off debt.

DIC also making business moves to solve business problems.

The Thai man would have been the best deal as look who he sold City to, fuck all that human rights bollocks, I'm not Mother Terresa. It would have been good seeing us compete for some world class players, in retrospect it would have been better if that deal would have gone through as we would have some serious funds and a new stadium in the near future.

People here arguing that we have dodged a bullet are wrong on all accounts. Gillett and Hicks have saddled the club with debt. DIC would never have done so.

that i dont agree with DIC would have still brought us with a loan and built the new ground with a loan.The club would still of ended up paying back the loan but on better terms and alot less than what we are paying now.Its just the way that the rich do business

that i dont agree with DIC would have still brought us with a loan and built the new ground with a loan.The club would still of ended up paying back the loan but on better terms and alot less than what we are paying now.Its just the way that the rich do business

The stadium would nearly be finished by now

Its hard to believe anyone could come on here and make excuses for these cunts running our club, they should be truly ashamed of themselves.

The stadium would nearly be finished by now

Its hard to believe anyone could come on here and make excuses for these cunts running our club, they should be truly ashamed of themselves.

sorry dont see where im making excuses for them just stating a fact that big companys have there money tied up in other investments and use them to borrow more thats how it works it dont matter who owns us there will be a loan involved somewhere even if it was just for a stadium and guess who would have to pay it back? yep u got it LFC

if thats making an excuse for twit and twat then so be it but what amazes me no end is that people cant see that if they sold up we would still be in the same situation as we are now all be it with different people at the helm

sorry dont see where im making excuses for them just stating a fact that big companys have there money tied up in other investments and use them to borrow more thats how it works it dont matter who owns us there will be a loan involved somewhere even if it was just for a stadium and guess who would have to pay it back? yep u got it LFC

if thats making an excuse for twit and twat then so be it but what amazes me no end is that people cant see that if they sold up we would still be in the same situation as we are now all be it with different people at the helm

I am not having a go at you and just speaking generally.

The reality is if DIC now controlled this club we might now be challenging for the title rather than leftovers

I am not having a go at you and just speaking generally.

The reality is if DIC now controlled this club we might now be challenging for the title rather than leftovers

agreed, and apologies nick i think i took your post out of context :whistle:

haha - dodged a bullet.....only to end up in front of a firing squad.

LFC is at a crossroads, having made a pact with the Devil.

I have only ONE DREAM this season, and that dream is that the team qualify for the European Champions League next season by coming in the top four of The prem THIS season.

The alternative is too scary to contemplate, suffice to say that we need to take a very close look at the current situation of LEEDS UNITED, because our finances are dangling on a knife edge, and there will be no Wachovia Roll Over (great name for a Rock 'n Roll toon 'ey hicks??) w/o European footy next season.